Furnace fan running unexpectedly - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2017, 03:18 PM   #11

Oklahoma
Mine did this on our first trip out. No matter what I tried the electric hot water heater wouldn't work, but the propane ran fine. Had all sorts of little bugs with the AC. We would turn the heater on, the AC blower motor would come on. Everything off and it would cycle power to the heater blower motor intermittently, ended up pulling the fuse while I wasn't there so it didn't burn something up. We never had this problem at home. Take it to the dealer and they can't find anything wrong with it. Since then I have finished wiring my 50amp plug at home and had it at a different campground and have never had the issue again. The dealer said it was probably a problem with a bad neutral at the camp site we were at. Most likely they are correct since its never happened again at a different spot. And a circuit analyzer is the next item on the list.

Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:29 PM   #12

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel View Post
Mine did this on our first trip out. No matter what I tried the electric hot water heater wouldn't work, but the propane ran fine. Had all sorts of little bugs with the AC. We would turn the heater on, the AC blower motor would come on. Everything off and it would cycle power to the heater blower motor intermittently, ended up pulling the fuse while I wasn't there so it didn't burn something up. We never had this problem at home. Take it to the dealer and they can't find anything wrong with it. Since then I have finished wiring my 50amp plug at home and had it at a different campground and have never had the issue again. The dealer said it was probably a problem with a bad neutral at the camp site we were at. Most likely they are correct since its never happened again at a different spot. And a circuit analyzer is the next item on the list.
Got to love those dealers, he just blew smoke up your butt. His explanation is not possible. The furnace runs off 12V only. The pedestal is 120V. The neutral at the pedestal has nothing to do with your furnace.

nickthehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 03:23 AM   #13

New York
i have a 2016 282dbhs and have had similar experiences with the heating/cooling system. Sometimes when it is set to lo or hi, it shuts off intermittently as if its on auto. If i cycle through the thermostat options again, it stays on steady. Recently i cant tell the difference between hi and low A/C and i think i used to be able t, they both sound and feel the same, so i think hi or low isnt working. i also had the a/c and heat come on at the same time once. I wonder if there's a different thermostat i could buy and try.

brywatz is offline   Reply With Quote