Dead super slider - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2014, 11:16 AM   #1

Dead super slider

I went to start loading up the Kodiak last night for next weeks camping trip to Belleplain State park and found that the slider on my dinette side is dead. I initially thought t might be the rocker switch so I swapped the left and right slider rockers switches. It wasn't the rocker. I understand that the most likely problem with these things is a bad ground but where to look for it? Also Where is the manual crank location for this slider. My unit is a 279BRLS. I have an extended warranty package on it but the dealer is almost 3 hours away. Has anyone else had this issue?

msdevery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:33 PM   #2

Nova Scotia
I am not sure if I am glad to see that I am not the only one having slide issues with this model.

Erie_to_Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:00 PM   #3

Alberta
300BHSL here. I also had a problem with my slide, luckily I just had to bump the switch slowly and I was able to bring the slide in 1 inch at a time. If I tried to go any further that that the slide would get twisted and stop. The problem was a ground wire fell off a motor and burned it out. Dealer replaced on warranty. This video shows two ways to get the slide in and out manually if you have the Schwintek system (4 aluminum rails on each slide).

Keraw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide-out, slider