Comments on Kodiak 255bhsl ? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #1

Quebec
Comments on Kodiak 255bhsl ?

First of all hello to all, I'm new here.

I would like to have any comments regarding the Kodiak Express 255BHSL.

I'm looking to buy it to replace my Slingshot GT29BH which is a lemon to be polite. I had some water infiltration problem with the slide out and I'm worried I will have a ton of problems in the years to come.

So I'm looking into something better and was told that Kodiak would be much better.

So any comments regarding the Kodiak units in general, quality, service, etc would really be appreciated. What options would be good, what to look for...

Regards,

Eric

gadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #2

Saskatchewan
Welcome Eric!

The 255BHSL sure looks similar to our 284BHSL, except for the bathroom layout. We've enjoyed our Kodiak for 2 seasons now and really like it. Yeah, we've had some issues like some others, but our dealership has taken care of them and all is good.

I'm sure you'll enjoy yours as much as we do ours.

Dave.

2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
'12 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL
knesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #3

Quebec
Thanks for the reply,

The dealer called me to tell he had received a 240BHSL so I'll have a close look at that one too.

It seems to have way more options for about the same price.

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2013, 01:02 AM   #4

Saskatchewan
I definitely like the interior and the trim in the Kodiak. The 240BHSL has bigger bunks than our 284 but we wanted a walk-in shower without a tub. And you will love the u-shaped dinette.
2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
'12 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL
knesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #5

Saskatchewan
Greetings

Greetings gadou. Welcome to the forum. We are newbies to the forum also but have gained so much knowledge from being members. Great bunch of people on this forum. We have a Kodiak 242RESL. We love the floor plan of our travel trailer but are disappointed with the workmanship and quality of materials. In ours the seating for the dining room is made with 1 X 2’s which should be fine if you use quality 1 X 2’s ours had huge knots which broke after just a few uses. Staples were also used to hold everything together – I’ve started to reinforce all the critical joints and replace any wood with knots in it. Check the brand of tires as well. Something I read is that a cheap Chinese tire is used and ours after one year’s use (8000 kms or 5000 miles) will likely need replacing next year. We are currently looking for a trailer to move into full time and will move to other brands if there’s no improvement in the next four years. From reading even reviews of the Airstream they all seem to have their problems with quality.

"We were not placed on this earth to see through one another, but rather to see one another through!"

2012 Kodiak 242RESL, 2010 Chevy 1500 LTZ
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #6

Quebec
Thanks for the replies.

I think the quality of materials and the workmanship has dropped quite a bit no mather brand it is. I guess some brands are worst than other.

Hopefully the Kodiak will be better than what I had before. Time will tell.

Thanks for the help again!