Changing interior AC module? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2015, 06:43 PM   #1

Massachusetts
Changing interior AC module?

I currently have a 2013 Aerolite 282DBHS. I have always been dissapointed in the ducted AC system as have many others on here. Does anyone know if I'm able to replace the interior ceiling panel with the filter for a version that slides opens for instant cold air dumping into the main coach area? I see several other units that offer this on a ducted system but none are included with the Advent AC system. I reached out to Advent but have not recieved a response. Anyone else try this or know if this would cause any damage to the unit itself?

Thanks!

SilverGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 05:37 PM   #2

Massachusetts
Nevermind, found the news I was hoping for from prm99v6! Thank!

http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...eeze-2048.html

SilverGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:09 PM   #3

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGorilla View Post
Nevermind, found the news I was hoping for from prm99v6! Thank!

http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...eeze-2048.html
I am very happy with this change.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 01:23 PM   #4

Texas
Can I ask you a question? We were buying a new one of these 282DBHS yesterday. We live in Houston, TX and it's hot. After the paperwork was started I asked the salesman to plug it in, as I was concerned the one AC wouldn't cool it. I was disappointed in the master area cooling and don't want to sleep hot. This unit is perfect and something I could take on school holidays with the kids when hubs can't go. Is the AC a problem and is there a fix? Thank you!
JillTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:57 PM   #5

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by JillTx View Post
Can I ask you a question? We were buying a new one of these 282DBHS yesterday. We live in Houston, TX and it's hot. After the paperwork was started I asked the salesman to plug it in, as I was concerned the one AC wouldn't cool it. I was disappointed in the master area cooling and don't want to sleep hot. This unit is perfect and something I could take on school holidays with the kids when hubs can't go. Is the AC a problem and is there a fix? Thank you!
I replied to your other post. The work I did to mine makes the unit much better. That being said, they stopped using the Advent AC units and switched to Dometic (I think) but I don't know if they upped the size. As I said in the other post, I don't think the front part of the roof could support another AC unit.

I would try and get the dealership to swap out the AC that's on there (13,500) for a 15K unit. We also use small Honeywell fans that I got from wallyworld for $15 each.

Honeywell HT-900, Honeywell TurboForce Air Circulator Fan | Honeywell Store

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:10 PM   #6

Texas
It is a 15k unit now. Most of the air flow is to the bathroom. Maybe they can fix that and maybe a fan would help. Rethinking going back to a 5th wheel again. They have a 28 foot that's 2nd AC prepped and 50 amp prepped. They may be a better option for us. I just really love the raised bunks for hauling outside toys. It pretty nicely equipped to for the price. Thank you. I'm looking at the fans next.

JillTx is offline   Reply With Quote