Buying an Aerolite 213 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2015, 05:10 PM   #1

California
Buying an Aerolite 213

Hi, this is my first posting on your forum, I'm contemplating replacing my Trailmanor 2720 with an Aerolite 213 RBSL. We have been researching trailers for a few months now and think the Aerolite will fulfill all of our needs.
There is going to be a RV show in a few weeks which is touted to have the best prices of the year, as the 2016 models are rolled out. If I can get a "close out" 2015 for a good price, that is what I'm thinking of doing.
Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Tim

Redtail cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:50 PM   #2

Oklahoma
I don't have any advise, but I do have good words for the trailer. I just bought my 213rbsl and went on my first weekend trip. The outdoor kitchen rocks! Don't have to buy ice all the time, and don't have to keep opening the trailer door to get drinks. Shower is pretty big, but you kinda have to straddle the toilet to open the shower door, unless you leave the bathroom door open. I didn't experience any problems on my inaugural trip and love the trailer so far.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:56 PM   #3
Site Team

North Carolina
Welcome!

My main suggestion is to do a very thorough PDI and not to sign on the dotted line until everything is completely satisfactory to you.

Good luck!

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 05:14 PM   #4

Oklahoma
And there is a very complete and thorough predelivery inspection checklist in a sticky somewhere on this site. My dealer had no problem going over the whole thing. Took forever but was worth it.
Old 09-19-2015, 04:02 PM   #5

California
Thanks, GTWags and Aaron, for your responses. I found the the very comprehensive PDI on this site and printed it out, for future use. Looks like it might take two to three hours to complete, but like you say, well worth the effort to make sure things are built right and function properly.

Thanks again, looking forward to gaining and sharing more insights to this new RV.

Now- '07 Trailmanor 2720. Soon- Lance 1985
TV- '13 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4X4 Ecoboost w/ MaxTow Pkg
Old 09-20-2015, 10:51 PM   #6

Tennessee
We love our 213. Be sure to check the struts on the outdoor kitchen, ours were so tight the screws ripped right out of the wall, they replaced them with a softer shock.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:37 PM   #7

California
Just saw a '16 Aerolite with the new, "21st Platinum Plus Package", which is now offered instead of last years, "20th Anniversary Package". Package upgrades include another color scheme option of a white front cap with a black V overlay as well as a white, beige and blue designed gelcoat sides and rear. Slam latch exterior cargo doors is the other exterior upgrade. On the inside, all stainless steel appliances, all lighting is LED and the sink will have a high spout with a pullout sprayer. This package costs $862, which is only $150 more than 20th Anniversary Pkg.

As much as I like the black and grey model I'm leaning toward the new color scheme and the interior upgrades. If you're interested in seeing what they look like log onto "craigslist/Waco" and type in Aerolite on RV sales.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:14 AM   #8

Tennessee
Yikes, i'm not sure on that color. The slam latches and stainless appliances sound good.
I'll have to stick to the old color or else it won't match my truck.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:42 AM   #9

California
Dawnie, I understand, but that's just it , my truck is pearl white tri-coat with the two-tone Arizona beige accent rocker panels, so it will match my truck perfectly. I would imagine that both colors will be available. There are a lot of black and white vehicles out there.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:24 AM   #10

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtail cruiser View Post
Dawnie, I understand, but that's just it , my truck is pearl white tri-coat with the two-tone Arizona beige accent rocker panels, so it will match my truck perfectly. I would imagine that both colors will be available. There are a lot of black and white vehicles out there.
Well then, it sounds like the color will be perfect for you. The campground would look silly with all black campers in it.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:51 PM   #11
wyo

Virginia
Just bought 2016 20th annversary 213 Aerolite.. Have only used t once...its sitting at Camping World to be fixed... Refrigerator would not cool on electric and the shower door, which we saw when we looked at it can't be opened unless you enter it from the kitchen.. Having a slider put in(Warranty issue) ... Other than that we DO love the layout and the outside kitchen is awesome. but I believe I'll hook up the stove with a permanent connection rather than hooking it up when I open it. and still allow for a quick dis-connect for a bumper mounted grill.
There isn't much storage space for anything inside food/dishes or clothes, but we are working that out.
Good luck with it..
wyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:49 PM   #12

Tennessee
Do they still have the giant cabinet above the toilet? That's we put all our clothes. It's not the easiest place to access, but there's tons of space. I also want to do some shelving in the "closet" space next to the bed, it's way too small to hang any amount of clothes in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo View Post
but I believe I'll hook up the stove with a permanent connection rather than hooking it up when I open it. and still allow for a quick dis-connect for a bumper mounted grill.
That would be cool, if you ever do it, post up some pics. I converted my weber grille to hook up back there, so not having to unhook the outdoor stove would be nice.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:55 PM   #13
wyo

Virginia
Yes it has that cabinet above the toilet and your right not easy access. There's a few other things we want to change... the legs/post on the table change them to center of table... we do like it though.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:14 PM   #14

Oklahoma
Yup, bathroom storage is good! I would really like to convert my slideout dinette to a free standing, but I'm not that handy. A center post instead of 2 holding up the table would be good too. A bumper mounted swing out grill with a quick connect is on the horizon. A lot of people have good things to say as they walk past my outdoor kitchen.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:54 PM   #15

California
I too, like the idea of splitting the rear gas connection. Having the stove connected and using a grill at the same time would be something that I would use. I was also considering changing the outside fridge to a propane/120 volt unit. We boondock 75% of the time, so the outside fridge would end up being an icebox cooler. Has anyone else done this? Is there any reason not to do this mod?

Old 10-08-2015, 02:56 PM   #16
wyo

Virginia
Its the kitchen storage my wife is frustrated about but we'll get it figured out... I do love that outdoor kitchen ..that was the big thing I wanted in a new camper.
Anxious to get it back from the warranty work and start playing.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:58 PM   #17
wyo

Virginia
As long as you can exhaust the heat and fumes from it why not???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtail cruiser View Post
I too, like the idea of splitting the rear gas connection. Having the stove connected and using a grill at the same time would be something that I would use. I was also considering changing the outside fridge to a propane/120 volt unit. We boondock 75% of the time, so the outside fridge would end up being an icebox cooler. Has anyone else done this? Is there any reason not to do this mod?
Old 10-08-2015, 03:28 PM   #18

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo View Post
As long as you can exhaust the heat and fumes from it why not???
I think a small 12 volt recirc fan would take care of it, but I will look at it closer before I buy one.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:57 AM   #19
wyo

Virginia
Added a shelf to the cabinet above the sink and a half shelf above the toilet.
I also switched the legs to sit center rather than across so now I can slide into the table.
The other thing was I drilled a hole behind the outside stove and ran the hose down and hooked it up. I hated having to hook and unhook to close it.
Next is to replace that gas fitting with a Tee to hook up my bumper mounted grill.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:26 PM   #20

Maryland
I have been hunting around for a quick-connect "T" for the outside kitchen and have not found one yet. It would be nice to use both the bumper-mounted grill and the outside kitchen burner's at the same time. If you happen to find a quick-connect "T", please let us know... Thanks!

2011 Chevy Suburban 2500 4x4
2015 Kodiak 300BHLS
mjcarte is offline   Reply With Quote