Aerolite cub C 160 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2017, 03:14 PM   #1

Illinois
Aerolite cub C 160

Brand new to camping, pick up a used hybrid with the usual problems, soft spots in floors, bunks that have water damage etc. what I would like to know is, has anyone come up with a better way to support the end bucks with some sort of additional bracing! Thanks for reading. Jon

Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 03:56 PM   #2

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris View Post
Brand new to camping, pick up a used hybrid with the usual problems, soft spots in floors, bunks that have water damage etc. what I would like to know is, has anyone come up with a better way to support the end bucks with some sort of additional bracing! Thanks for reading. Jon
WOW, sorry to hear you have so many issues to start with. Welcome to the forum. this place is filled with lots of folks that are very knowledgeable.

Good luck
Frank

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 09:16 PM   #3

Connecticut
The original floors are only ¼" plywood glued to styrofoam. You can carefully peel up the bad plywood and lay down a nice ⅝" plywood floor. Two sheets will do the floor near the door,bath, hall in front of sink/stove/refrig, and the rest of the floor from there to the front wall to both camper sides. I didn't replace the styrofoam, just glued in place with spray foam ....which glues glues the foam great. Use exterior underlayment .... sealed/painted on all sides and edges before installing. Leave a small gap at the walls or the floor will squeak. For the seams I used Bondo as it dies hard and fast, better than wood filler.
As for the beds ..... the support is to the metal frame of the bunks and the plywood-styrofoam panel is just the bed. I found a You-tube about them. Mine were OK, but I wanted to see how they were made.
Our 2005 is so nice now, it seems better than new. I may even replace the tenting this spring so they look as nice as the rest.
Hope this helps. Ray
raycfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 09:33 AM   #4

Illinois
Thank you Ray, I’ve watched some videos and am excited to start getting it ready for spring, just need a warm large garage to work in. Weathers turning cold soon here in the St. Louis area!
Old 12-22-2017, 10:39 AM   #5

Connecticut
When you start the job or have questions just drop me a line. Happy Holidays
raycfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 01:31 PM   #6

Illinois
Thanks, Happy Holidays to you!