Aerolite 282DBHS Door Locks - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2016, 09:02 PM   #1

California
Aerolite 282DBHS Door Locks

Just picked up my new 282DBHS yesterday....love it except for one thing....4 differently keyed doors? What the heck? Why wouldn't they key them all the same? Any one else experience this?

WFD404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:38 PM   #2

Arizona
That's how ours is as well. While it is quite annoying it tends to work out because I can take the bathroom door off of the keychain and give it to my wife so now we can each have a way into the rig. Just make sure to mark each key. By the time you get done with cables and locks for a generator and tongue locks and everything else you're going to have a huge pile of keys either way.

2016 Dutchmen Aerolite 282DBHS
2015 Ford F250 Diesel SRW
jcs1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 02:12 AM   #3

British Columbia
They could very easily have all of the door locks using the same key, but that takes time to setup and train people to do it. Whoever is installing door locks just grabs the closest one on the self and installs it.

You can buy the lock cylinders and rekey 3 of them. The only probem is up need a special key to remove the cylinders. If your lucky you can find a locksmith that can do the job, but you'll most likely have to pay the stealership's inflated prices.

You could also re-do every lock on your camper to one key, from these guys.
Re-key My RV - FINALLY an easy way to have just one key!

One thing that you may want to do regardless, is change out the CH751 Cam Locks if you have any. How secure is your stowed stuff if everyone in the campground has a copy of one of your keys. Most locksmiths can supply keyed alike cam locks. When I did my storage compartment cam locks, I replaced the thumb latch as well. Won't stop the serious crap rats, but it'll slow them down some.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote