Adapter hose: Kodiak Propane Port to Grill that uses disposable bottles - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2014, 11:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbillsmith View Post
Convert WeberQ 1000,1200,100 or 120 for RV connect and optionally still have throw away bottle option. Cost is $26.93, add $18 more to retain throw away use.

Parts from Calore Equipment
Model 250 Quick Connect X 1/8" MNPT $18.00 ONLY ONE NEEDED
Model 250 Male Plug X 1/8" MNPT $6.00

Parts from Lowes:
Watts LFA-706 Brass Female Pipe Coupler (1/8" FIP to 1/8" FIP) $2.93

Steps:
1) Remove regulator by unscrewing the regulator from the WeberQ. You should end up with an exposed 1/8" MNPT (a male threaded piece poking out from behind the Weber's control knob).
2) Screw/attach the Watts LFA-706 to the Weber 1/8 MNPT that's sticking out.
3) Screw attach the Model 250 1/8" MNPT end of the Male Plug to the other end of the LFA-706
4) Your RV's propane hose should now just attach to the Male Plug.
5) (THROW AWAY OPTION) Screw/insert the second Model 250 1/8" MNPT end of the Quick Connect into the regulator you just removed from the WeberQ. If you want to make your Weber portable again, just push the Quick Connect end onto that new Male Plug you just installed.
Final note. Suggest using pipe tape on all these connects. Be sure to check for leaks.
Added file with pictures and parts. WeberQ Convert.pdf

hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:26 PM   #22

Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana & Poppy View Post
Dave - can you list the parts you (or your propane dealer) used.....this is exactly what we are looking to do....
Okay, I finally got thru the ice and snow and into the camper to get the hose assembly. I took the hose to the propane shop where I had it made up to get some numbers. There are no universal part numbers for the fittings, but I'll go over what they all are...

Look at the picture I posted earlier in this thread to follow along.

First off, everything is 1/4" inside diameter.

The hose I use was cut to length at 10'.

Starting with the male/female quick connect fittings end of the hose, they are standard fittings and can be bought at a RV dealership or online. The ones from the propane shop had a different inside diameter on the male end and would not work with the female end on the trailer.

The T-valve is a 1/4". The male quick connect threads right into this. The female end is connect to the t-valve with a 1/4" nipple.

The t-valve is connected to the hose with another 1/4" nipple and a 1/4" hose barb. Then you have the hose itself, and on the other end is another 1/4" hose barb. Into this hose barb you thread a 1/4" male pipe. Then comes a 3/8" OD 1/4" ID elbow. Then you have a 1/8" male pipe x 1/4" male pipe reduced. Into the 1/8" end is the regulator assembly (minus the regulator) from Coleman.

Hope this helps. I tried to go from one end of the hose to the other and hope I didn't get too confusing along the way.

Dave.

2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
'12 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL
knesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:26 AM   #23

New York
Thank you!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 03:13 PM   #24

Ontario
Thank you so much for posting the double regulation article. The hose is exactly what need for my https://www.amazon.ca/Napoleon-TQ285...oleon+tabletop

I was about to find a way of removing the regulator from the bbq but will now give it a try first as is. Did you get enough heat on yours after all ???? Many say no, but they may be using bbqs bigger than a tabletop.
Steve Lymer, Toronto, Canada stevelymer@rogers.com

slymer53 is offline   Reply With Quote