282DBHS Rear Storage - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2017, 03:05 PM   #1

Alabama
282DBHS Rear Storage

Hello all! New to the forum but not new to camping. Just placed the order for our new 2018 Aerolite 282DBHS. Was hoping that ya'll could share ideas/pics of how you are utilizing your rear storage. Thanks ahead of time for all the feedback!

99blackz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:49 AM   #2

Alberta
We use ours as a dog kennel for our two Sheppards. I built a detachable ramp that connects to the bumper so they have a private entrance. We then put a kiddie gate up from the bookshelf to the bathroom. This way even if they are muddy or stinky, they aren't messing up the rest of the trailer.

Mike_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:51 PM   #3

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
We use ours as a dog kennel for our two Sheppards. I built a detachable ramp that connects to the bumper so they have a private entrance. We then put a kiddie gate up from the bookshelf to the bathroom. This way even if they are muddy or stinky, they aren't messing up the rest of the trailer.
We don't travel with any K9 children but it sounds like we could do something very similar for the human children! LOL

Thanks for the reply!
Old 04-05-2017, 05:12 PM   #4

Michigan
Mostly to put the bikes in. I made a bike rack out of PVC tubing and can put 4 bikes back there when we travel. Quick and easy. when I don't have bikes back there, it's usually stuff like reclining chairs, 20 lbs propane tank, electric cord, whatever. When camping the stuff comes out and use it as bunk beds as intended.
nickthehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:09 PM   #5

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickthehunter View Post
Mostly to put the bikes in. I made a bike rack out of PVC tubing and can put 4 bikes back there when we travel. Quick and easy. when I don't have bikes back there, it's usually stuff like reclining chairs, 20 lbs propane tank, electric cord, whatever. When camping the stuff comes out and use it as bunk beds as intended.
Do you put a pad down (i.e. carpet, rubber etc.) or do you put everything directly on the floor?
Old 04-06-2017, 11:56 AM   #6

Michigan
I put them directly on the floor. I use a couple of pads so the handlebars don't scrape the walls. The floor can be swept, it's no big deal.
nickthehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:12 PM   #7

Arizona
We love that storage space in our 282DBHS. We use it to store folding tables, folding chairs, water containers, and finally our kayak. We can slide the kayak in through the doggy door in the back and then put our floor mats/rugs around the wall to keep it from sliding or marring the wood paneling. It's great. That doggy door and that storage is the best part of the rig, aside from the king sized bed.

2016 Dutchmen Aerolite 282DBHS
2015 Ford F250 Diesel SRW
jcs1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:42 PM   #8

Maryland
The space under the beds is one of the main reasons we looked at this model. So far, we put a carpet mat down, a folding table and some chairs for the kiddos and they have their own little room. Haven't really thought about storing too many other things in there. Maybe eventually, we will mount some type of bike rack or pull the kayaks through.

I am very interested to see how others have set/utilized that space.

I say all this after only taking it out for our first trip last weekend! We haven't even gotten the new smell out!!

Parkpiper is offline   Reply With Quote