213RBSL Shower Door Options - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2018, 06:46 PM   #21

Tennessee
Received the sample, don't mind the dents and crinkles, that's from the stress test.

First impression, man that's thin. It feels almost like a heavy window tint film. Try to rip it, try to bite the corner off, couldn't hardly damage it. Second impression, it's very tough. I even folded it in half after the pics, and folded it back over several times like you do to rip a piece of paper or light metal sheeting, it wouldn't crack. I couldn't even get it to rip from the edge of the fold. I do think it might sag or ripple a little in the middle of the door when closed, I don't see it being mistaken for glass.

The lady did say it's stretched across the frame fairly tightly, so maybe i'm wrong. That would prevent it from being pinched or folded which does leave a mark.
I would definitely go with striped door, I think just the plain may look cheap.

It does repel water very well and is supposed to have an antimicrobial coating on it.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:49 PM   #22

Texas
OK, test #1 complete.

Now, test #2? Full install with pics please?

By the way, thanks WestyBro!

2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:06 PM   #23

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
OK, test #1 complete.

Now, test #2? Full install with pics please?

By the way, thanks WestyBro!
Haha, no worries! I may just go for it, nothing ventured nothing gained. Worst case scenario, I have a $220 shower curtain surround.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:57 AM   #24
Site Team

North Carolina
I believe Lance has been using those in a few of their units, and I don't recall hearing any complaints about them.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:11 PM   #25

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I believe Lance has been using those in a few of their units, and I don't recall hearing any complaints about them.

Aaron
That's good news, if Lance is using them, the quality must be better than RV industry standard.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:50 PM   #26

Georgia
Thanks much, looks like it’s made from some pretty durable plastic. Now I have to show the boss and see what she wants to do......appreciate it

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
2013 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Tow Package
gjwinner850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:09 PM   #27

Texas
I don't have my Dutchmen anymore, but I'll chime in on the retractable door. I installed one in our SOB shower a couple of months ago when one of the fragile glass sliding doors shattered. It definitely doesn't look like glass but it is real handy to have it completely retract and be totally out of the way. If the frame is not completely square, which mine is not, it may have a slight wrinkle in it when it is closed. Not enough for me to loose sleep over. The material is thinner than I had hoped but the door is quite functional and fairly easy to install. Just remember to buy plenty of tub calk to seal all the nooks and crannies along the sides and bottom.
Texastbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:27 PM   #28

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastbird View Post
I don't have my Dutchmen anymore, but I'll chime in on the retractable door. I installed one in our SOB shower a couple of months ago when one of the fragile glass sliding doors shattered. It definitely doesn't look like glass but it is real handy to have it completely retract and be totally out of the way. If the frame is not completely square, which mine is not, it may have a slight wrinkle in it when it is closed. Not enough for me to loose sleep over. The material is thinner than I had hoped but the door is quite functional and fairly easy to install. Just remember to buy plenty of tub calk to seal all the nooks and crannies along the sides and bottom.
Thanks for chiming in! Your door opening wasn't square, I'm shocked.
How wide is the opening? I'm afraid with our giant 54" opening it has the potential to sag a lot. Now that I know it needs to be as square as possible, some shimming may be necessary/possible. Any chance you could share a pic of your door?
Old 08-16-2018, 02:42 PM   #29

Texas
Its in storage right now and I can't get over there to snap a pic right now. Our opening is about 45 inches so the 48 inch roller works fine. The more plumb the opening is, the better it is going to look.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:08 PM   #30

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
Thanks for chiming in! Your door opening wasn't square, I'm shocked.
How wide is the opening? I'm afraid with our giant 54" opening it has the potential to sag a lot. Now that I know it needs to be as square as possible, some shimming may be necessary/possible. Any chance you could share a pic of your door?
Good Stuff here thanks all! Now I am going to have to go over to storage and measure my 54" opening to see how out of square it is

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
Old 08-16-2018, 05:04 PM   #31

Texas
There are a couple of videos on YouTube that might help you decide if its what you want or not.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:41 PM   #32

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjwinner850 View Post
Good Stuff here thanks all! Now I am going to have to go over to storage and measure my 54" opening to see how out of square it is
Haha, beat you to it. Left to right at top and bottom is very close, but it's about 3/8ths out of square. That's with me holding the tape by myself, so it may not be too bad. We shall see.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:52 PM   #33
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Haha, beat you to it. Left to right at top and bottom is very close, but it's about 3/8ths out of square. That's with me holding the tape by myself, so it may not be too bad. We shall see.
Need to send that one back to the factory, someone screwed up! It is supposed to be more than 5/8"!

[emoji848]

Aaron [emoji41]
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:12 PM   #34

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Need to send that one back to the factory, someone screwed up! It is supposed to be more than 5/8"!

[emoji848]

Aaron [emoji41]
No kidding. I also wonder if anything in the bathroom flexes when it's leveled, I often hear creaks and groans while leveling? I do know you better have the camper plumb and level before installing. This is making my brain hurt.

I'm thinking worst case scenario, I level and plumb the door side, then slide it across and see how it lines up with the wall, if it's terrible i'll take the 2 sided tape off, shim behind it and screw the channel to the wall. There appears to be a decent backer behind the existing doors.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:17 PM   #35

Tennessee
Quote:
No kidding. I also wonder if anything in the bathroom flexes when it's leveled, I often hear creaks and groans while leveling? I do know you better have the camper plumb and level before installing. This is making my brain hurt.
This guy is a tool. No more posting on an hour of sleep. Would any of you believe I built my own house?
Old 08-18-2018, 03:48 PM   #36

Georgia
Quote:
I couldn't get over to storage until this morning. But mine is only a 1/4" out of square.....but the camper is not level of course when in storage.
53-3/4 at the top
53-1/2 at the bottom
Looks like we will order a 66"x60" Opaque in brushed nickel - $219.92 not too bad! We have somethings going on over the next 2-3 weeks, will order around mid-September.

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
Old 08-22-2018, 11:06 PM   #37

Colorado
My door also used to swing open toward the bathroom door causing me to leave the bathroom door open or straddle the toilet to get into the shower. After looking at for a while, I decided I could take my door off and swap the hinge edge of the door around so that it pivots at the wall, but swings into the shower. If you are handy, it's not that difficult and shouldn't take too long. I swapped mine in about 1 1/2 hours. I still need to re-seal along the wall and bottom.
paul5097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:09 AM   #38

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul5097 View Post
My door also used to swing open toward the bathroom door causing me to leave the bathroom door open or straddle the toilet to get into the shower. After looking at for a while, I decided I could take my door off and swap the hinge edge of the door around so that it pivots at the wall, but swings into the shower. If you are handy, it's not that difficult and shouldn't take too long. I swapped mine in about 1 1/2 hours. I still need to re-seal along the wall and bottom.
Interesting, so yours originally pivoted in the middle of the shower and out towards the toilet? Mine pivots at the wall near the bathroom door, but swings out towards the toilet. Now I am going to have to take a second look. Thanks!

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
Old 08-24-2018, 03:25 PM   #39

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjwinner850 View Post
Interesting, so yours originally pivoted in the middle of the shower and out towards the toilet? Mine pivots at the wall near the bathroom door, but swings out towards the toilet. Now I am going to have to take a second look. Thanks!
NO! You buy that folding door so I can see if I want it.
Old 08-24-2018, 03:49 PM   #40

Texas
Quote:
This guy is a tool. No more posting on an hour of sleep. Would any of you believe I built my own house?
I've always known that about that guy.

2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote