20th Anniversay - 2015 Aerolite 282DBHS Travel Trailer - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2014, 02:53 AM   #1

Ontario
20th Anniversay - 2015 Aerolite 282DBHS Travel Trailer

Seems like they brought back the framed windows. Changed up the exterior colour, which looks quite mainstream to me. I am always getting compliments on our dark grey colour.

Interior, few minor changes.

I have a 2015, but not the Anniversary edition

What do you guys think? Amazing or uneventful?

WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:40 PM   #2

Delaware
I've seen other pics and videos the 2015 20th anniversary edition with different changes. The one on Aerolites website still has frameless windows. I saw one at another dealer that had slam latch doors again and the one in this video lost the solid surface counter for the bathroom, half wall, and kitchen table-something that started showing up in some late 2014 models.

There is zero consistency with this company. I am convinced they just grab whatever they have laying around and slap it together.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:26 PM   #3

Tennessee
The outside color is nasty. It's also surprising that a 33' trailer has a smaller bathroom than my 24'.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:38 PM   #4

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by prm99v6 View Post
I've seen other pics and videos the 2015 20th anniversary edition with different changes. The one on Aerolites website still has frameless windows. I saw one at another dealer that had slam latch doors again and the one in this video lost the solid surface counter for the bathroom, half wall, and kitchen table-something that started showing up in some late 2014 models.

There is zero consistency with this company. I am convinced they just grab whatever they have laying around and slap it together.
I think so too.
Where did you see the new model with the frameless windows? Only thing I found was the video I attached.

I noticed on this video, they really downscaled the kitchen hardware but beefed up the lights to the new slim LED. Where they give, they are taking from other areas! lol
Old 10-30-2014, 03:45 AM   #5

Delaware
Aerolites website has the new edition with frameless windows.

This one has frameless windows and the slam latch storage compartment.

2015]2015 Aerolite 282DBHS by Keystone [For Sale] - Sky River RV AL1515 Aerolite 282DBHS by Keystone [For Sale] - Sky River RV AL1515

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:54 AM   #6

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by prm99v6 View Post
Aerolites website has the new edition with frameless windows.

This one has frameless windows and the slam latch storage compartment.

2015]2015 Aerolite 282DBHS by Keystone [For Sale] - Sky River RV AL1515 Aerolite 282DBHS by Keystone [For Sale] - Sky River RV AL1515
Very confusing o.O
I am really not digging the outside colour at all. Are you?

You're right..there is absolutely no consistency at all. I feel sorry for the parts department that has to keep track of this mess.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:08 AM   #7
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASABI View Post
Very confusing o.O
I am really not digging the outside colour at all. Are you?

You're right..there is absolutely no consistency at all. I feel sorry for the parts department that has to keep track of this mess.
The parts department is non-existent anymore. They order a run of parts based on projected number of units to be built, when they run out they order something else, which leads to the mess you see today. Then you have the parts manufacturers always hawking some "new" product and quickly discontinuing the older part. Gone are the days of consistency and being able to get replacement parts that matched what you already have.

I would be willing to wager that if you have a unit more than a couple years old most of the stuff that was used to build it can no longer be purchased.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:53 PM   #8

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
The parts department is non-existent anymore. They order a run of parts based on projected number of units to be built, when they run out they order something else, which leads to the mess you see today. Then you have the parts manufacturers always hawking some "new" product and quickly discontinuing the older part. Gone are the days of consistency and being able to get replacement parts that matched what you already have.

I would be willing to wager that if you have a unit more than a couple years old most of the stuff that was used to build it can no longer be purchased.

Aaron
Talk about working hard not smart. That is so inefficient
Thanks for the explanation
Old 10-30-2014, 09:59 PM   #9
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASABI View Post
Talk about working hard not smart. That is so inefficient
Thanks for the explanation
But is saves money and increases profits. One guy can order everything they need for a production run... versus having to pay 2-3 people to maintain an parts department. Gotta think like a corporate bean counter...

Once it leave the factory they could really care less, they got their money, now the dealer has to get theirs.

Aaron
Old 10-31-2014, 01:40 PM   #10

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
But is saves money and increases profits. One guy can order everything they need for a production run... versus having to pay 2-3 people to maintain an parts department. Gotta think like a corporate bean counter...

Once it leave the factory they could really care less, they got their money, now the dealer has to get theirs.

Aaron
haha they REALLY should look into maintaining a "loyalty" department.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:59 PM   #11

Oklahoma
How 'bout a deduction program for the CEOs and the other non-productive people in the organization? For every screw up the CEO allows the engineering department to force upon us that causes undue pain and anguish, then deduct dollars from his pay packet. They could even create a sliding scale, the more returns on that screw up the more money deducted. You get in some pretty boy's pocket and he'll start paying attention for what he's responsibile.

One can only dream to get a quality product for the money spent.

81 days and counting my 3800 has been held captive at the dealer's parking lot. Vendor back order on ****tek slide system parts. Wouldn't it be prudent tosupply parts to the out of service, purchased, owned RVs before installing parts on the production line?
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:03 PM   #12

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
How 'bout a deduction program for the CEOs and the other non-productive people in the organization? For every screw up the CEO allows the engineering department to force upon us that causes undue pain and anguish, then deduct dollars from his pay packet. They could even create a sliding scale, the more returns on that screw up the more money deducted. You get in some pretty boy's pocket and he'll start paying attention for what he's responsibile.

Wouldn't that be great!!

They really don't understand the concept of "word of mouth". As a manufacturer you have 2 choices. Word of mouth can "make you" or "break you". Seems they decided the 2nd option was acceptable.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:23 PM   #13

Oklahoma
At one time, a very short time, there was a person connected to Dutchman as a member here. I guess the complaints became too hot for the person because we haven't seen or heard a thing from him/her.

I would guess that someone from coporate peruses RV forums to get a feeling of what owners discuss about their product. If so it makes me wonder how the complaints on this forum are pretty much ignored.
We have one member here that complained about his rig and, from what I gather, received a nasty gram from some high muckity muck telling him to back off. Bring it on baby, I'm ready to go to battle over this POS.

One would think that once in awhile coporate would serve up some lip service to appease the natives. Even a blurp stating future changes or forth coming actions to solve slide problems.

I worked in the foreign car repair market outside a military installation. The adage was, you piss off one customer and before 11am 18 more people would know about it. That was incentive enough to make double sure that customer went to work with nothing but kudos for our service. Apparently good word of mouth doesn't apply in the RV sector these days.

That's my rant for the day, I'm off to kill some dirt so I can lay electrical runs to my RV service outlet.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 03:55 PM   #14

Washington
Quote:
81 days and counting my 3800 has been held captive at the dealer's parking lot. Vendor back order on ****tek slide system parts. Wouldn't it be prudent tosupply parts to the out of service, purchased, owned RVs before installing parts on the production line?
Only 120 days to go until they match how long mine was gone. And funny thing, my running gear was intact and it was the boxes that needed replacing. No vender issue, all Dutchmen. Surprise.

Having said that, finally sold mine. Many 10's of thousands lost in the transaction but now I can start the recovery. Good luck to all of you trying to repair or sell your coaches.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:55 PM   #15
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:

That would be great... except for two problems. One most exec's pay is tied to stock performance and as far as the ****tek slide system... if they fixed all the broken ones they wouldn't have enough parts to keep cranking out trailers to sell.

Aaron