2017 kodiak 186E tv mount - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2017, 02:57 PM   #1

British Columbia
2017 kodiak 186E tv mount

My local dealership apparently doesn't do TV installs and I've contacted dutchman directly about where the plate is for the lcd tv mount, but they said to contact the dealership so no help there!

Can anyone give me measurements on where the mounting plate is, I've tried a stud finder and haven't been having much luck...

Zerograv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:33 PM   #2

Florida
TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerograv View Post
My local dealership apparently doesn't do TV installs and I've contacted dutchman directly about where the plate is for the lcd tv mount, but they said to contact the dealership so no help there!

Can anyone give me measurements on where the mounting plate is, I've tried a stud finder and haven't been having much luck...
These trailers do not have a TV antenna do they? If not you need that. and then the TV.

masterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:49 PM   #3

British Columbia
They do have a tv antenna, and besides there are lots of other ways to watch media other then over the air
Old 05-25-2017, 07:47 PM   #4

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerograv View Post
They do have a tv antenna, and besides there are lots of other ways to watch media other then over the air
Haha, that's the last way I would ever watch tv.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:13 PM   #5

Ontario
On the 2012 it is dead center above the dinette window between the shelf with the entertainment system and the front bunk. The floorplans and photos of the 2017 on the website look almost identical to the 2012, just with different trim etc. The 2012 actually had a sticker for the mounting location. I would try the stud finder in that area again if you have not checked there already.
rwbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:26 PM   #6

British Columbia
Yeah I've seen photos of the mount sticker on older models and the sticker seems closer to the stereo then the bunk side.

Would you say basically right above the center of the window? I'll try my stud finder again but it's all over the place.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:23 PM   #7

Ontario
I am not sure how reliable number from a 2012 are but I measured 8" down from the ceiling and 17" to the right of the shelf is the center of my mount. It is not quite dead center, looks a little left of center.
rwbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:36 PM   #8

British Columbia
Awesome! Thanks for this!

I'll measure to that area and put a pin in and see if I get any resistance.

I don't see them having changed it since 2012
Old 05-25-2017, 10:39 PM   #9

British Columbia
Thanks for this!
Old 05-26-2017, 03:27 AM   #10

British Columbia
Your measurements worked perfectly! Thank you so much! No surprise the rv community comes through when the dealerships and manufacturers can't!
Old 07-11-2017, 02:26 AM   #11

Alabama
Recently purchased 2017 Dutchman Kodiak 255 bhsl (ultralite) and tried to mount bracket in bedroom and found no backer plate. Bought new stud finder still no luck , drilled three small pilot holes still no backer plate, finally gave up and mounted to separation wall opposite side of living room tv. I've owned three other campers and still have a revere 2015. Frustrated with quality control! Has anyone else had same problem?
Preacherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:04 PM   #12

New Mexico
No TV Backing Mount

I am a new owner of a Kodiak 186E. It was time to install the TV. I read all the advise on this posting and, just to be sure, called Dutchmen Customer Service. They told me that the backing plate was centered over the window, it was 14"X16" and about 1" thick. Armed with that information, I drilled a small hole..... and guess what? I immediately, after going through the paneling, hit foam. I drilled in 1 inch and no backing plate. I don't know why my serial number is lacking a backing plate. My advise, drill a small hole before proceeding. Lucky the TV only weights less that 6 pounds so there are other ways to mount it.
mike.francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:51 PM   #13

Tennessee
Are you looking for "studs" on an outside wall? I doubt there's any wood on these newer campers. On an inside wall it takes about 4 minutes to just gently remove the wood panel where the tv supposedly mounts. I took mine down, reinforced it and cut a hole for my direct tv receiver. Ftr, Dutchman gives you a pine 1"x4" to secure a tv to (a small child could punch through it). I doubled all mine up, you could almost do a chin up on it.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:51 PM   #14

New Mexico
Yes there was a stud but unfortunately it was total in the wrong place and unusable. My point to the post was that despite what Dutchmen Customer Service or the blogs say, Check first. Several owners mentioned that their new camper came with a sticker showing where to mount the TV. Mine didn't have one, maybe that should have been the first clue.
mike.francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:51 AM   #15
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.francis View Post
Yes there was a stud but unfortunately it was total in the wrong place and unusable. My point to the post was that despite what Dutchmen Customer Service or the blogs say, Check first. Several owners mentioned that their new camper came with a sticker showing where to mount the TV. Mine didn't have one, maybe that should have been the first clue.
I had a sticker, but where the sticker was and the mounting point was were alternate realities.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote