2015 242BHS issue time - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2016, 05:28 AM   #1

North Carolina
2015 242BHS issue time

Five outings from new last year and zero issues.

First outing of this year was a two week vacation to Florida for the typical Disney stuff, etc.

Go figure that the AC unit will not blow cold and yes, I'm familiar with the Dometic thermostat. It is acting like it is either the compressor or low refrigerant. My understanding is that Dometics have been problematic the last couple of years.

Next up the push out started popping. Cable system style and looks like there is no manual control. Luckily it still goes in and out but the gear box/motor acts like it sheared a tooth the way it is popping around where it is mounted.

Rear outside entry door at the bathroom is racked and both screen door and outside door are rubbing/binding in the door frame. Was fine before this trip.

Where the antenna cable came out of roof needed more sealant and where the front cap meets the nose it looks like there is some separation happening as the sealant had some serious gaps in it... I fixed those with more sealant before the trip as there was no time to take it to the dealer.

Wish me luck. We got through the trip happy with the vacation but am now wondering if the trailer was started on a Friday and finished on Monday. Goes to dealer this Saturday.

WackyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:07 AM   #2

Illinois
Glad you made it. Hopefully a good time. If you ever toured the assembly line, you would find out your trailer was started on Friday and finished Friday as well! LOL
Rusty

2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 04:19 PM   #3

Michigan
You probably have the stabilizers jacked down to tight. That will cause the frame to bend and cause your doors not to fit properly.
nickthehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:58 PM   #4

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickthehunter View Post
You probably have the stabilizers jacked down to tight. That will cause the frame to bend and cause your doors not to fit properly.
The door is racked even with the jacks up.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:54 PM   #5

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by WackyDan View Post
The door is racked even with the jacks up.
I had the same problem with our livingroom door. It looks like when it was installed it was cockeyed. I took the top hinge out and shimmed itenough for it to close without binding in the top of the frame.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 02:23 PM   #6

Florida
WOW sorry to hear about your new trailer. Disney with no A/C will be no fun at night unless it is cool. Good luck with your issues. See if the warranty will cover any thing that needs to be fixed A/C should be longer than a year!!
masterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 02:52 PM   #7

Tennessee
AC should be two years, ours was replaced under warranty, Dometic is well aware they had a bad batch of condenser coils.

The roof caulk is your responsibility and should be checked every year, regardless of how long the warranty is.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:04 PM   #8

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawniewest View Post
AC should be two years, ours was replaced under warranty, Dometic is well aware they had a bad batch of condenser coils.

The roof caulk is your responsibility and should be checked every year, regardless of how long the warranty is.
Yeah... I don't have a problem with the roof stuff unless there is a defect causing it.

It has been at dealer for a week. They still haven't looked at it citing a couple of techs out sick... Which I assume is code for "We just didn't look at it". I'm fine if they sit on it a bit as long as it is done in a couple weeks.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:56 PM   #9

North Carolina
So an update:

New AC unit installed. We'll see how long this one lasts.
Back door was fixed... Not sure what that means as I haven't picked it up yet.
Waiting on Gear Box for push out. Apparently that was bad as suspected.