Moab, Ut camp grounds? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Camping & RVing > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2016, 10:58 PM   #1

Utah
Moab, Ut camp grounds?

Looking for good camp grounds in Moab, Utah. And GO!!!

Helidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 12:35 AM   #2

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helidriver View Post
Looking for good camp grounds in Moab, Utah. And GO!!!
Me too. We're planning to visit Canyonlands NP & Arches NP this summer.

Old 03-24-2016, 03:22 PM   #3

Arizona
Go...to RV Park Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks.

I first go to Good Sam and use the map view to see what and where the RV parks are. GS provides valuable information about the park. Then I check RV Park Reviews to see what others say about a park. I will also use the satellite view in Google Maps to see what the park actually looks like and see how my rig would fit. These steps have been very valuable to me when I criss-cross the US.
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:24 PM   #4

British Columbia
We stayed at the KOA in Moab back in the mid and late '90s, when we were touring on the bike. It's on the south end of town.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 01:30 AM   #5

Missouri
Canyonlands Campground is an option

This may be too late to do you any good, but we just returned from Moab. We stayed at the Canyonlands RV Resort and Campground. It is right in the middle of town with lots of trees and within walking distance of McDonalds and several other stores. It is clean, quiet, and the staff was very nice.

On the down side, it is very tough to get around with a big rig (thankfully we don't have one). We had an electric and water site for our Coleman 192RD. The trailer took up the length of the site; we parked the truck next to it. Getting out in the morning proved to be a challenge since the cabins across the lane from our site had parking directly in my way. I barely hooked up, and then had to back out of my site because the guy in the cabin was nowhere to be found.

I can't imagine driving around the campground with a 30+ foot rig. The trees and vehicles would make it a good test for an expert driver.

I do have to say that it was a very nice campground. However, I believe we will stay at the Archview RV Resort and Campground north of town next time. We scouted it, and it appears to have a number of trees, a nice pool, and has a lot more room to roam.

I also have to recommend that you go to Dead Horse Point State Park as part of your trip there. We loved Arches, but Dead Horse blew us away! Plus, it's only $10 to get into the state park as opposed to $25 to get into Canyonlands.

2015 Coleman CTS192RD
2018 Ford F150 XLT 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
jbacke20119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 02:55 AM   #6

Wyoming
I was supposed to be heading to Moab tomorrow... but after checking the weather forecast, I cancelled. 100-degrees plus forecasted for the next 10 days. No thanks, I'm heading north to Wyoming instead.

That said, I had a week scheduled at the KOA. In my search, I found 4 or 5 big-rig friendly parks... but be prepared to bring your wallet. I couldn't find any place for less than $55/night.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 08:33 PM   #7

Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCguy View Post
I was supposed to be heading to Moab tomorrow... but after checking the weather forecast, I cancelled. 100-degrees plus forecasted for the next 10 days. No thanks, I'm heading north to Wyoming instead.

That said, I had a week scheduled at the KOA. In my search, I found 4 or 5 big-rig friendly parks... but be prepared to bring your wallet. I couldn't find any place for less than $55/night.

Moab is Always HOT in the summer. It worth the heat as the early AM and evening are great. We go 2 - 3 times a year, but try to avoid the July timeframe.

The KOA on the south side of the park is nice. We have stayed there often. The other choice is the Spanish Trail RV park also on
the south part of town.

2014 Dutchmen 261BHS
gazingm42 is offline   Reply With Quote