Jellystone RV Park - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Camping & RVing > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2016, 01:04 PM   #21

Pennsylvania
Stayed at the one in Mill Run PA. in the Laurel Highlands of southwest PA. Very nice park, beautiful water park, water slide, firetruck rides, laser tag, giant carpet slide on the hill, visits from Yogi and company, they allow private golf carts, and also rent them. Good security, gate etc. Loads of things to do and see in the area (my original stomping grounds) We plan to visit again.

2015 Voltage 3305, Gone for Good !
2014 Ram 3500 dually, Aisin, Gone but not Forgotten.
2018 Winnebago Sunstar 32YE
thompwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:14 PM   #22

Colorado
Here's my report

Hi all,

Last year when I was inquiring about the Jellystone - Estes Park, CO resort I promised a report after my visit. We were there Aug 4-6. The weather was pretty cold, even for Colorado. The weather was overcast with intermittent rain and the high temps around 60. With that in mind the activity level in the park was low and we were the only ones at the outdoor Yogi Bear cartoon showing. Even with poor weather the grand-kids, ages 4 & 7, had a great time. They saw Yogi, played on the playgrounds and played more rounds of miniature golf than I could count. The forest was a never ending playground too. The oldest grand-kid ran into one of her school-mates. Quite a coincidence. On our checkout day it was warmer and the place was considerably more active with kids going everywhere. Not much for the adults to do except keep tract of the kids but that's the point of the park. It's all about the kids.

I did have a few complaints though. Saturdays and Sundays were filled with activities but not so much on the weekdays. Kids are out of school seven days a week and with the park sold out every day the visitors during the week deserve the same amenities as those on the weekend. It's an expensive place to stay so the activities should be the same no matter what day of the week it is. The terrain of the campsites is somewhat challenging but the sites could be much better. I saw a couple of sites that had retaining walls with fill to make them nice and level. That needs to be done to 75% of the sites and there was also very little gravel used. With the rain that made things kind of muddy. My last suggestion is that they change the check-out time from 11 to 12 noon. It's a little challenging to get up after an activity heavy day prior, eat breakfast, get in a short playground session before checkout time and pack up. We were very rushed and got out a little late at 11:30. That being said I didn't appreciate the fact that at 11:10 I got a stern lecture from a staff member that is was past checkout time and I needed to leave immediately. The tone of the staffer was not good.

In summary it was good for kids, that's the point, and not so good as far as the physical campgrounds and staff.

Dale

DC8Captain is offline   Reply With Quote