weird fridge/ electrical question - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2015, 07:50 PM   #1

Texas
weird fridge/ electrical question

Hello yall,

I’m new to the forum and the RV life! Well this has me scratching my head and I was hoping someone on here would be able to help. I have a 2008 Dutchmen winner circle toy hauler with a N811 Norcold fridge, well the fridge will run fine with the generator and the propane but when it is just in the AC or (AUTO) mode the green light stays on like it is running fine on AC but the fridge makes a clicking sound from the board in the back and the inside fridge light will not come on. Today I found out that if I turn on any light on the RV the fridge will come on along with the inside fridge light and works fine and if i turn the light off the fridge starts clicking again and will not work.

I have replaced the board in the back with a new one and have a new thermometer in the fridge. Battery is charged and the camper is running on a 50 amp hook up. Also when the furnace is running and you turn the light on you can hear the fan boost up and the air blows harder.

coastie036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:25 PM   #2

Oklahoma
This sounds as if the 12 volt to the board is missing. When you turn on a light you're getting the 12 volts to the board.

Locate the 12 volt input on the board and stick an external 12 volts there and see if the refrigerator works.

On AC voltage the board still needs 12 volts for operation. The AC is for the heating elements but doesn't supply power to the board.

I can't comment to the furnance deal but it smells like a wiring problem of some sort.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:08 AM   #3

Texas
The board is getting 12 + volts and when you turn the light on I get another .03 milivolt.
coastie036 is offline   Reply With Quote