Voltage TT - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2014, 12:07 AM   #1

Utah
Voltage TT

Took delivery of Voltage V300 last Saturday. Still trying to get it loaded and figure things out. Looking forward to a great season this year! Would like to hear from other V300 owners. I don't think they are many of us.

Old 02-10-2017, 09:39 PM   #2

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVShort View Post
Took delivery of Voltage V300 last Saturday. Still trying to get it loaded and figure things out. Looking forward to a great season this year! Would like to hear from other V300 owners. I don't think they are many of us.
I know this is old, but I just bought a 2014 V300 and would love to hear from you!

rcpd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:44 PM   #3

Utah
V300

Hey, good to hear from someone with a V300. We do still have ours and mostly love it. Did you buy new or used?
Old 02-12-2017, 05:09 PM   #4

Maryland
Bought it used from the original owner. It's in really nice shape. Still trying to figure everything out. The ramp lights aren't working and I can't get the fuel pump to work. Previous owner said he never used either. I see the gauge and switch just to the right of the nozzle and it says to push twice to start, but nothing happens. My previous TH had a second switch, but I don't see one here. Can you advise?

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2017, 04:41 PM   #5

Utah
my husband says the fuel switch on ours doesn't always work at first. Just keep trying, sometimes it takes 5 or 6 times(or more) to get it to start.
Re: the ramp lights: did you check the fuse?
What dining table set up do you have? The dining table was missing when we picked up our new trailer. Literally waited for months for a new one from Dutchmen--that never came. We mostly dine in the garage area.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:32 PM   #6

Maryland
I'll try the pump again. The fuse is good for the lights. I'm going to try and trace the circuit once the weather warms up a bit. The TH came with two tables; one for the garage and another in front of the recliners.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:20 PM   #7

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpd34 View Post
Bought it used from the original owner. It's in really nice shape. Still trying to figure everything out. The ramp lights aren't working and I can't get the fuel pump to work. Previous owner said he never used either. I see the gauge and switch just to the right of the nozzle and it says to push twice to start, but nothing happens. My previous TH had a second switch, but I don't see one here. Can you advise?

Thanks!
My fuel pump quit. I went under the trailer, all the wires were connected with wire nuts. Not the way I would do it. I removed each wire nut, made sure all the wires were tightly twisted together, and put the wire nut back on. Repeat for each bundle of wires. It got the pump going. Once it gets warmer, I'll redo the connections so they are weatherproof.

By ramp lights, do you mean the ones up over the rear ramp/deck? First thing I'd do is check the fuse, then pull the covers off, check the bulbs, clean up any corrosion, and put a volt meter on them to make sure you have power. Are you sure you are flipping the right switch? In our 3105, the lights are controlled off the main switch panel up front. I think the switch is labeled Security Light 2.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:29 PM   #8

Maryland
Yes, the fuse was the first thing I checked. I plan on exploring it further as soon as it gets warmer. As far as the wires go on the fuel pump, there is a pink wire which is not connected and looks like it never was. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I'm going to look for a wiring diagram online.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:50 PM   #9

New Jersey
Do you have one gas tank, and a fuel gauge in the control panel, and a fuel gauge in the fuel station? If yes, and yours is wired like my 3105, they don't connect one of the gauges, hence the extra wire. On two tank setups, the inside gauge monitors the generator tank, and the fuel station gauge monitors the fuel station tank.

I only have one tank, suspect you do to. When we got the toy hauler, only one gauge worked. Other threads have indicated Dutchmen considers this normal with one tank. I had my dealer connect the wire, now the inside gauge always reads full. Guess that's why they only connect one gauge. I'm planning to put a switch on the fuel station gauge, so I can get an accurate reading from the main panel when inside, and be able to flip over to the fuel station gauge if she m outside.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:56 PM   #10

Maryland
I have one tank. Just to the right of the nozzle, there is a little door with a gauge and a switch. It says push twice for on and once for off. Nothing happens when I push it. On the inside are LED's on the panel that indicate water and battery level. The same LEDs show the fuel level when the button is pushed. Says 3/4 and I'm assuming that right. My old Jayco had an inside switch and another outside switch to start it. It also had dual tanks with one inside gauge that allowed you to switch between the tanks to show the fuel level.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:15 AM   #11

New Jersey
I can start the generator from inside, or at the generator.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:33 AM   #12

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdonoghu View Post
I can start the generator from inside, or at the generator.
Me too.

Tags
v300