Soon to be new... from NE Pa. - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2017, 07:18 PM   #1

Pennsylvania
Soon to be new... from NE Pa.

Cheers everyone !

The two of us had been tenting it for many years on sunny weekends. Couple seasons back we were thinking pop up... until last spring we started looking at small trailers and were big on the idea of an enclosed, dedicated bathroom..!! Found an 18 footer in nice shape and bought it. FunFinder 189
Spent the summer getting out for weekends at the beautiful state parks here.. and learned that the transverse queen was not for us.

So, after a month searching we found a '13 Kodiak 242 resl.... and made the deal last week. Picking up the "new" rig on Tues.. 2+ hr. one way drive, so I'll get to see how it tows for sure. We really like layout in this model and are excited to get in a shakedown cruise in a couple weeks. Till then maybe driveway camping.

I'm near the upper limit on my Husky CL ts spring bars. Mine are the low ones... 400 - 600 tw. Listed tw for this model is about 505 dry. I plan to haul it home with the old set and see how it feels and looks..? Not sure how quickly that tongue wt will change as we load the supplies into the new rig? The bulk of the storage is over/behind the axles... but does have a large under front bed cargo area which sees lots of stuff..?

If anyone has any thoughts on that husky hitch I'd be glad to hear them.... and I'm glad to have found the Dutchmen Community here. Looking forward to some great times ahead!!
T-town is offline   Reply With Quote