Newbie, New to RV'ing, just purchased Used Aerolite 160 - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2016, 11:18 PM   #11

California
I especially like the "do not feed the alligators or other wildlife" on their park map.

Mike & Emily-Sacramento, CA
Our 4th trailer (2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB)
2015 F150 2.7 Eco Boost
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:58 AM   #12

New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Actually it has to do with your using a link in the post. New members have to post a certain number of times before links can be used without approval. It has to do with keeping spammers in check.

Aaron
Thanks Aaron, I learn something new every time I log into this forum. Plenty of adventures left in this old camper though so there'll be many occasions to learn even more. Our shakedown weekend for the new RV is coming up, then it's off to the Maine coast followed by two months up and down the entire East coast.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:48 AM   #13

New Hampshire
Yes I have a F-150, plan on buying a toyata tacoma or Nissan Frontier to pull it. Checked "weights" best I could. Everything look ok. Plan on using city "dump" scale to weigh trailer before and after loading.
AeroLiteCub160_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:52 AM   #14

New Hampshire
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha View Post
Dan,
Mosey around this forum a bit and you'll find answers to most of your questions. As for Campgrounds, there are many in the towns you specified but I would recommend that you avoid State campgrounds initially as they typically don't have the amenities of water and electric service at sites.
By visiting private (higher end) campgrounds initially you'll have the opportunity to sort out any incumbent issues before going where dry camping or boon-docking really puts you and your equipment to the test. The folks you'll find at just about any campground you visit will be more than happy to share their knowledge and experience with you... just ask. As for what to bring? RV Camping Checklist
Most important of all is to relax and enjoy the adventure!!
THANKS for the RV Camping checklist Just what I was looking for...
Old 09-06-2016, 01:57 AM   #15

New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha View Post
and... an addendum to my (as yet to be authorized) last post regarding NH campgrounds...
http://www.nhstateparks.org/uploads/...e_Park_Map.pdf

I just learned that using "Quick Post" rather than "Reply" requires your posting to be pre-approved prior to its showing.
Thanks for the list of state parks. Will have to do more research on these, and maybe go visit them first, as they do not list "RV" camping in amenities list... they list "camping". I thing I will "go private" for the first few times, until I learn more and work out the kinks.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:06 AM   #16

New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawniewest View Post
Check the roof first, if he didn't camp with it, I doubt he's been on the roof. After 6 years there's a lot of potential leaks up there. At least be sure to know the in's and out's of the manual awning (those can be tricky and potentially dangerous) and the pop out's.

If he's not willing to spend an hour or so with you, RUN!!!

Mt first camper was a hybrid and the owner took the time to set the entire thing up from pop outs to the awning, otherwise I would have been lost.
Thanks for the tip. The owner is very cooperative - to the best of his knowledge.

Asked him about "water damage", and he said the previous owner had a leak, and fixed it. Is going to give me previous owners name and contact info. From inspecting floor, looks like floor has been replaced recently. It has never leaked on him. He only owned it for the last 10 months. I realize that the guy could be lying but my gut says he is not. I deal with lying tenants all the time and am a good reader of honest people.

He only "plugged in 120v ac cord". Never used 12v system or propane. I am sure he will go over basic setup... I still need help on "detailed setup" of water heater, turning on gas SAFELY, etc.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:10 AM   #17

New Hampshire
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
Welcome to the forum. You have received lots of great advise so for. I would had to check the date of manufacture of the tires. If over 5 years old, replace them regardless of tread depth. If the tires were covered, you may stretch the time to 7 years.
Thanks for the tip. I will have to figure out how to "check the date of manufacture of the tires?"

I was wondering why some rvs in the neighborhood had tires covered and tarp over roof and these weird large lego blocks under the front tires .
IF I understand correctly, covering the tires will protect against "UV" light damage -- covering will make them last longer - approx 7 years?
Old 09-06-2016, 02:14 AM   #18

New Hampshire
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyG View Post
What Alpha said about state parks may be true in NH, but here in SC every state park with camping has electric and water, but very few have sewer connections. But every park with camping DOES have a dump station to use on your way out. Check with the Alabama state website to see what's in your area. We often camp at a state park only 12 miles away. Easy to run home and get what you forgot! LOL
For my first RV camping trip, I was thinking of going to a close by state rv park "Kingston State Park" in NH... Now I think I will find a private rv park that has everything available on the site (electric + water + sewer)
Old 09-06-2016, 02:25 AM   #19

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroLiteCub160_2009 View Post
For my first RV camping trip, I was thinking of going to a close by state rv park "Kingston State Park" in NH... Now I think I will find a private rv park that has everything available on the site (electric + water + sewer)
Oops, my mistake. I now see in the text of your first post that you live in NH. I was going by the location on the left side that said AL. Big difference!
MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:48 AM   #20

New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyG View Post
What Alpha said about state parks may be true in NH, but here in SC every state park with camping has electric and water, but very few have sewer connections. But every park with camping DOES have a dump station to use on your way out. Check with the Alabama state website to see what's in your area. We often camp at a state park only 12 miles away. Easy to run home and get what you forgot! LOL
OOPS... Sorry, I live in New Hampshire "Live free or Die" state.... Not Alabama. Corrected state in my user info...

Tags
2009, aerolite cub, model 160, newbie