New Voltage owners! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2013, 01:58 AM   #1

Texas
New Voltage owners!

Hello All,
We are awaiting delivery of our new Voltage V3305 and can't wait! Hope to learn from Ya'lls experience and knowledge here on the forum.

Scott

skototrot19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:39 AM   #2

California
Congrats on the new trailer !! You are going to love it. This is a very good and helpful forum. When do you take delivery?

Old 09-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #3

New York
Hi Scott, welcome to the wonderful DOF - we are a group of helpful, courteous members here. If you have a question or problem, post here and you would be surprised at all the help you will receive.
We love to see pictures of our rigs, not only the pretty one sitting along side the perfect campsite.....but those of "problems or questionable areas" one might encounter - and then pics of those of issues resolved.

As a suggestion, you may want to add to your signature, the type/model of your trailer and your tow vehicle......it makes it easier for someone to reply if you have a model specific question.

Members answers are always welcome, please jump in at anytime!

Enjoy your new Voltage!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #4

California
Welcome to the forum, Scott and congratulations on your new rig!
Old 09-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #5

Saskatchewan
From Regina, Saskatchewan Canada we say hello to you Scott and your family. Wishing you happy highways in that new trailer. Looking forward to your posts.

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:49 AM   #6

California
Congrats on the new rig. We're new, too. Just took ownership August 10th. I've put together an ongoing blog with photos and stuff on mods, thoughts, etc. Feel free to have a look and see if there's anything there that will help you. It's specific to the model 3950 trailer, but they're all quite similar in many respects.

Welcome!!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #7

Alberta
Smile New voltage owner

Have just gone over 3 months owning my voltage 3905 and was super excited when i picked it up for the first time. Did lots of research and was determined Voltage was the trailer at the top of the toy hauler market. Now i wish i could return it. The cratsmanship is super bad and things are continually breaking/not working properly. The latest is my shower now leaks, or should say drains in to the under belly compartment. Exterior TV never worked, rear beds worked once and then motor made bad smell and stopped working, and so on and so on...Just a couple of the many examples of the quality put into them.
Just brought into my local dealer for warranty work and to have the lower decals replaced as they were peeling/marked up from delivery. Was noted by my salesman and documented on the sales agreement to be replaced and then i am told it has been declined by Dutchmen! Nice, dont even stand behind their products. So who loses, me!! spend 100k and then get told "bend over"

I would never recommend a voltage, nor my local dealer to anyone, as they will not even stand up for me, nor return a phone call.

Enjoy your voltages & hope they don't leave you stranded...
delirius1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #8

California
Sorry to hear the bad news. There are certainly poor quality rigs that somehow make it down the production line. Anyone who buys should always have extended warranty coverage. I know for a fact that I'm covered for 7 years. And there's no deductible, either.

Don't know what's going on in Canada, but you should have some rights there. California has so many laws and regulations, we have pretty good recourse if things don't go right.

Possibly if you talked to the sales rep for your area, you would get somewhere. I believe the company wants to do the right thing by you, just need to talk to the right person.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #9

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltageGuy View Post
Sorry to hear the bad news. There are certainly poor quality rigs that somehow make it down the production line. Anyone who buys should always have extended warranty coverage. I know for a fact that I'm covered for 7 years. And there's no deductible, either.

Don't know what's going on in Canada, but you should have some rights there. California has so many laws and regulations, we have pretty good recourse if things don't go right.

Possibly if you talked to the sales rep for your area, you would get somewhere. I believe the company wants to do the right thing by you, just need to talk to the right person.

Who is your extended warranty through?

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:43 AM   #10
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
Really sorry to hear all of your issues. But I do agree with Voltageguy reply. I would get to the sales rep. I really do think Dutchmen wants to do what is right you just need to get to the right people.
Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:14 AM   #11

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonervn View Post
Really sorry to hear all of your issues. But I do agree with Voltageguy reply. I would get to the sales rep. I really do think Dutchmen wants to do what is right you just need to get to the right people.
Well unfortunately I have to disagree.....I have been trying to deal with Dutchmen and my dealer and I am going in reverse instead of forward! Dutchmen has had warranty items on order for our Rubicon since June, stopped by dealer today and still nothing at all has been delivered to the dealership! Dutchmen does not stand behind their products!!!!!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #12

Wyoming
Well... I guess I have a little different take on some of the issues mentioned.

While I too am sorry to hear of the problems that delirius1 is having with his rig... it sounds as if only 1 issue is a possible "craftsmanship" issue. If components that Dutchmen uses in our rigs break/don't work... you can't really blame that on 'craftsmanship' or 'quality control'.

If the exterior TV doesn't power on, it could either be a component issue or a craftsmanship issue, depending on whether it is wired correctly or simply doesn't work. The HappiJack bed motor burning up is, again, a component issue. The graphics that were damaged during delivery aren't a craftsmanship issue, in that you can't blame Dutchmen factory workers for something that happens to the rig after it leaves the factory.

Is it frustrating that components break? Of course. But thy aren't production issues.

As for Dutchmen's actions in re the warranty replacement & repair of said problems... well, that's a separate issue, and I agree with most of the points made.

In re the graphics replacement denial by Dutchmen... I don't know that I can fault them there. Think about it. The salesman said they were damaged during delivery. Question: did the dealership notice & document that fact upon acceptance of the rig from Dutchmen? If not, then how can Dutchmen be held responsible for the warranty replacement? They could just as easily have been damaged by the dealership workers moving the rig.

In any event, since delirious1 has documentation that the graphics were damaged prior to his purchase... this should be a warranty replacement by the dealership, even if it is at their cost. The owner should NOT be held hostage by the dealership for who is going to pay for it... as he has the issue documented on the sales invoice.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote