New Voltage Owner - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2015, 11:53 PM   #1

Washington
New Voltage Owner

Hello Everyone,

We just purchased a 2016 Voltage 3970 over the weekend and will take delivery in the next few weeks. We have been camping for a few years in a Lacrosse Travel Trailer and decided it was time to upgrade. I look forward to learning from everyone on here about the brand. From the research I did before hand it sounds like Dutchmen makes a pretty solid product.

My wife and I have been camping about three years and our two girls, Kate (almost 3) and Piper (just turned 1) are growing up across America in campers wherever my job takes us.

bob.stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:39 AM   #2

Illinois
Congratulations Bob and welcome to the forum. There are a lot of really smart people on here and you'll get better advice than the dealers. You'll hear some pretty negative things from some people (and perhaps justly deserved), but for the most part, Dutchmen is as good or better than most for the money What kind of job gives you the opportunity to travel?
Rusty

2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:58 PM   #3

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.stone View Post
Hello Everyone,

We just purchased a 2016 Voltage 3970 over the weekend and will take delivery in the next few weeks. We have been camping for a few years in a Lacrosse Travel Trailer and decided it was time to upgrade. I look forward to learning from everyone on here about the brand. From the research I did before hand it sounds like Dutchmen makes a pretty solid product.

My wife and I have been camping about three years and our two girls, Kate (almost 3) and Piper (just turned 1) are growing up across America in campers wherever my job takes us.
Welcome Bob, from your neighbor north of you.

Your girls are going to grow up with on of the best educations they can have. What better way to teach your kids about their country.

My kids still talk about some of the places they had seen when they were kids.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:59 PM   #4

Nevada
bob, welcome, just do a good walk thru, when you pick her up, check everything yourself and have your Dealer fix everything you find before taking it off the lot, It will be hard to make an appointment and get it back in!! Dutchmen is as good as most, I have been RVing for over 20 years, from a Truck Camper to my Toy Hauler, I only had trouble with my other Toy Hauler, it was in for repairs a lot, and that was the first year, I only had my Dutchmen in once for a couple things, its our U.S. Roads that kill our big baby, but I recheck all the screws every time we stay for a while at a campground...Good camping, I remember the little ones enjoying the trips, Grandkids now, waiting for them to get a little older....
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 05:37 PM   #5

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNevada View Post
bob, welcome, just do a good walk thru, when you pick her up, check everything yourself and have your Dealer fix everything you find before taking it off the lot, It will be hard to make an appointment and get it back in!! Dutchmen is as good as most, I have been RVing for over 20 years, from a Truck Camper to my Toy Hauler, I only had trouble with my other Toy Hauler, it was in for repairs a lot, and that was the first year, I only had my Dutchmen in once for a couple things, its our U.S. Roads that kill our big baby, but I recheck all the screws every time we stay for a while at a campground...Good camping, I remember the little ones enjoying the trips, Grandkids now, waiting for them to get a little older....
X2 make them fix every defect you find and don't accept any promises that they will order the parts and have you bring it back when they come in. Don't be affraid to pull on stuff that shouldn't move, like mouldings and other things attached to the wall.

The dealer is very motivated to get that camper delivered, once it's off the lot, it's your and they have no incentive to move repairs along. This time of years they should have no problem expediting repairs.

Sad but, that's the way business is done in the RV Dealers world these days these, unlike the auto dealer that will give you a loaner there's no such thing in the RV business.

If they manage to wear you down and you take delivery, make sure you have everything that requires repair documented in writting, with a firm time committment as to when it wll be completed.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote