New today. - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #1

New today.

Just found this forum, am looking for a TT up to 25ft and the Kodiak 221RBSL looks like a floorplan we could live with but can't find any close to us to look at. Has anyone got one and if so what are the pros and cons of this model. Hope to buy at the end of this season or over the winter so as we don't miss any dates as we do all our reservations in January and don't want to be without a TT when it comes time to go camping.

Greysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #2

Re: New today.

Hi Greysquirrel,welcome to the forum. Sorry i dont have that model but i'm sure someone will be back to you real quick. Good luck with your search & keep us up to date with the progress. ;-hap

Colin & Karen
Calgary Alberta
2012 3500 Longhorn Ram Crew Cab
2012 Dutchmen Sport 265 BHS
FlyingDutchmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #3

Wyoming

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone will help you out with the model you're looking at.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #4

Saskatchewan

First off, Welcome! ;-hap

Secondly, I recall seeing a post from a guy on RV.Net about just buying a Kodiak 221RBSL so I went back and looked on the forum and found his post. Maybe you can get in touch with him there, or even send him a private message thru RV.Net. Here's a link to the topic: http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...d/26125917.cfm

Good Luck!
Dave.
2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
'12 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL
knesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #5

British Columbia

Welcome to the forum Greysquirrel,
We bought an Aerolite 212RBSL which is virtually the same as the model you mentioned in your post with the exception of a few subtle differences, they are even made on the same production line at the factory. The big difference for me was the Kodiak entertainment center at the end of the bed closed in the trailer and didn't allow my feet to hang over the end of the bed. Also there are 3 windows in the slide on the Aerolite and only 1 on the Kodiak, but in saying that the Kodiak has a window on each side off the bed and the Aerolite has only the one escape hatch window on the slide side. They are both great TT, the Aerolite just fit our needs a little closer. Also note that the outdoor stove and sink were deleted in 2012 and I don't think the webpages have been updated to reflect these changes.
grump010 is offline   Reply With Quote