New to RV'ing and SO DISAPPOINTED in Keystone! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2016, 06:45 PM   #1

Washington
New to RV'ing and SO DISAPPOINTED in Keystone!

I posted separately introducing myself and our little family and our Voltage 3305. So far, we're enjoying our time in our trailer.

But I just called Dutchmen (Keystone) Customer Services and of the 3 questions I asked them about my 3305, the young lady answered 4 of them incorrectly! Wow. She actually went as far as to tell me "you probably know more about your unit than we do". Really? Wow!

The Cramblersons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:56 PM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cramblersons View Post
I posted separately introducing myself and our little family and our Voltage 3305. So far, we're enjoying our time in our trailer.

But I just called Dutchmen (Keystone) Customer Services and of the 3 questions I asked them about my 3305, the young lady answered 4 of them incorrectly! Wow. She actually went as far as to tell me "you probably know more about your unit than we do". Really? Wow!
Welcome to the real world... It isn't just the RV industry, though they are major offenders.

My internet (DSL) and phone went out. I called the tech support line, you actually have to call two separate lines, one for the DSL and one for the telephone. The moronic tech at the DSL center refused to listen to what I was telling them, and insisted I needed a new router, so they shipped on to me. I put it in the box with the other three. Called the phone techs and explained that the line had been cut about a mile up the road where they are doing some excavation. At least they listened.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:59 PM   #3

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Welcome to the real world... It isn't just the RV industry, though they are major offenders.

My internet (DSL) and phone went out. I called the tech support line, you actually have to call two separate lines, one for the DSL and one for the telephone. The moronic tech at the DSL center refused to listen to what I was telling them, and insisted I needed a new router, so they shipped on to me. I put it in the box with the other three. Called the phone techs and explained that the line had been cut about a mile up the road where they are doing some excavation. At least they listened.

Aaron
A real good customer service rep would have sent you about a mile of cable just for your troubles...
The problem solver: 2017 Tiffin Breeze 32BR
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:35 PM   #4

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post

Aaron
Oh yes, at 50, I have seen some epic customers services falls. Just hoped this industry would be better than average, not below average. I think the thing that got me was the totally illogical train of thought she followed...for every question. It is almost comical now. But I'm still going to be taking the tool kit with me to do my own forensics this weekend.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:01 PM   #5

British Columbia
Quote:
Oh yes, at 50, I have seen some epic customers services falls. Just hoped this industry would be better than average, not below average. I think the thing that got me was the totally illogical train of thought she followed...for every question. It is almost comical now. But I'm still going to be taking the tool kit with me to do my own forensics this weekend.
There you go, now you know the ins and outs of the Dutchmen customer service.
Step 1, frustrate the customer.
Step 2, frustrate the customer.
Step 3, there is no step 3, remember you frustrated the customer, so they won't call back, they'll just fix it themselves

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:08 PM   #6

Pennsylvania
It can be exasperating trying to communicate with them, occasionally you will run into someone that has some knowledge. We had major issues with ours and it became apparent early on that these weren’t going to be easy fixes. The dealer (whose service & warranty dept. was quite inept) and Keystone were not communicating at all and blamed the ineptitude on each other. I had to become the go between to get things done and to follow up on part orders or it just wasn’t happening. The dealer has since cleaned up their act, Keystone not so much, but that first year was very frustrating…

2015 Voltage 3305, Gone for Good !
2014 Ram 3500 dually, Aisin, Gone but not Forgotten.
2018 Winnebago Sunstar 32YE
thompwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:35 PM   #7

California
What's your questions, I bet you will get the correct answers here. That's what we're here for.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:37 PM   #8

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
What's your questions, I bet you will get the correct answers here. That's what we're here for.
Right! I usually do a search and if the topic has been beaten to death with no outcome, I figure "why pile on?" so I tried to go directly to the source. Little did I know "the source" was no source at all!
I'll post my questions under the appropriate sections.
Old 08-13-2016, 02:42 AM   #9

Illinois
After a year and a half of RV'ing, I've yet to have a question these guys couldn't answer. Just stay with the forum. Heck, I read the posts that don't even apply to my unit. Always learning something.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:27 AM   #10

Florida
Quote:
Right! I usually do a search and if the topic has been beaten to death with no outcome, I figure "why pile on?" so I tried to go directly to the source. Little did I know "the source" was no source at all!
I'll post my questions under the appropriate sections.
I bet even Dutchmen's customer service comes to this forum to get questions answered (when they are illing to give an answer).
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 12:01 PM   #11

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
I bet even Dutchmen's customer service comes to this forum to get questions answered (when they are willing to give an answer).
We need a like button on this forum!!!!! Love this answer!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:23 PM   #12

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana & Poppy View Post
We need a like button on this forum!!!!! Love this answer!
Me too!

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:57 PM   #13

Arizona
Face it, if you want quality RV customer service you gotta get a motorhome. Many people I know rave about the customer service every time they call Tiffin, same with Newmar. Ah, but the price of admission is enormous.

azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote