New Owners - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2016, 07:23 AM   #1

Tennessee
New Owners

Hello All,

I'm Frosty and my wife and I live outside of Memphis, TN. We're avid campers and love to be out away from the rat race. We started off tent camping, moved up to a Jayco pop-up and now we just bought our 2016 Coleman 262BH. Looking forward to using it very soon! Just want to say thank you in advance for all the lessons and tricks I'm sure to learn from this forum.

-Frosty

Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 01:40 PM   #2

Ohio
I'm new to travel trailer ownership as well (just towed my new Coleman 16FB home yesterday!) ... folks here have been AWESOME!

PamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 02:15 PM   #3

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamW View Post
I'm new to travel trailer ownership as well (just towed my new Coleman 16FB home yesterday!) ... folks here have been AWESOME!
The 16FB was originally the trailer I was going to buy. I didn't want something huge like the 262BH I ended up getting. But when I went to the dealership and went into the 262BH I fell in love with the floor plan. Not fond of the length but I suppose I'll get used to it. They had the 2017 16FBs for like $13k~ and they had this new 2016 (Last 2016 left in stock so they were motivated to sell) and brought the price down to $16k so I said screw it and went with it. Coming from a pop up trailer to this has a pretty steep learning curve though! I can't wait to get this thing out!
Old 12-21-2016, 03:33 PM   #4

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
The 16FB was originally the trailer I was going to buy. I didn't want something huge like the 262BH I ended up getting. But when I went to the dealership and went into the 262BH I fell in love with the floor plan. Not fond of the length but I suppose I'll get used to it. They had the 2017 16FBs for like $13k~ and they had this new 2016 (Last 2016 left in stock so they were motivated to sell) and brought the price down to $16k so I said screw it and went with it. Coming from a pop up trailer to this has a pretty steep learning curve though! I can't wait to get this thing out!
I do like the floorplan of the 252BH ... but my little minivan would say 'no' to the weight!

This is the first trailer in my family, so most of my learning curve relates to the hitch and maneuverability. "Camping in style" has been in my family for decades!

I'm resisting the urge to buy all the pieces parts *now*, knowing I won't take it out for 4 months ... not the easiest thing to do!
PamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 03:39 PM   #5

Tennessee
Totally understand! I wanna get all the bits and pieces now myself. But I plan on taking her on her maiden voyage in January sometime. Going to have to brave some cold but the heater in it works very quickly and very well. And yeah, a van probably wouldn't tow it well. I have a F150 myself so I knew I could get away with a bigger RV. One of the reasons I was looking at the 16 was because we could tow it with my wife's SUV (Before I got the F150). I'm just itching to get this thing out though. I don't care about the temps. Beer will warm me up next to a raging campfire!
Old 12-21-2016, 04:01 PM   #6

Ontario
Welcome to both of you. Enjoy your purchases. They are a lot of fun and a great family get a way. also a great way to ensure you have no spare money. Every time you turn around you'll find something you need or want. but hey thats glamping for ya. Again enjoy and post pics of the new rigs please.

2014 Ram 3500 Laramie 4X4 CTD
2011 Dutchmen Denali 262 RLX
drogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 04:05 PM   #7

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogers View Post
Again enjoy and post pics of the new rigs please.
Thanks! On that note, how do you post pics? I don't have a server to upload them onto. Any quick fixes for that?

-Frosty
Old 12-21-2016, 07:14 PM   #8

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Thanks! On that note, how do you post pics? I don't have a server to upload them onto. Any quick fixes for that?

-Frosty
One of the admins on the site (thanks Janet!) posted a "how to" in this post, see reply #7.
The problem solver: 2017 Tiffin Breeze 32BR
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 07:26 PM   #9

Tennessee
Click image for larger version

Name:	32.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	3795

Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	315