New forum member looking at owning a Dutchmen Voltage 3200 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2017, 03:50 PM   #1

Virginia
New forum member looking at owning a Dutchmen Voltage 3200

Hello! New member and potential Dutchmen owner here.

I’m interested in a used Voltage 3200 (New would be fine too, but I don’t think they make them anymore). I like the floorplan and would like to know what your experience has been and if anyone is near central Virginia that wouldn’t mind giving a tour of their camper. They aren’t easy to find and the ones I can find aren’t close enough to reasonably check out. So, before I really get serious about shopping I’d like to see one in person and hear what the community thinks.

Thanks!!!

Trueweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:21 AM   #2

Arizona
Met a couple with one a couple of weeks ago and they like their's pretty well. They downsized from a triple axle of another brand. The only complaint I heard was the positioning of the TV up in the corner above the door. Other than that it's been working well for them.

azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:35 AM   #3

Virginia
Thanks!

Yes, the tv placement is my biggest issue with the 3005 and 3200 models. I like the Grand Design Momentum M328 floorplan, but the slide under the awning takes up all the sitting space out the main entry. I guess it might save the slide from potential leaks.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:30 PM   #4

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueweb View Post
Hello! New member and potential Dutchmen owner here.

I’m interested in a used Voltage 3200 (New would be fine too, but I don’t think they make them anymore). I like the floorplan and would like to know what your experience has been and if anyone is near central Virginia that wouldn’t mind giving a tour of their camper. They aren’t easy to find and the ones I can find aren’t close enough to reasonably check out. So, before I really get serious about shopping I’d like to see one in person and hear what the community thinks.

Thanks!!!

We have a 2014 V3200 with the Epic Package and it also has the all weather package. Had it about 18 months and so far we like it. It’s the first 5th wheel I’ve had and the only thing that makes me nervous is the extreme height caused by the second AC in the master bedroom. It has the Onan 5500 gen and it powers everything nicely. We also have the optional railings on the ramp to make a nice porch.

Over all it’s a good unit, and as with any RVs, there are quarks and manufacturer items that were missed or need attending to. Anything that I’ve fixed or repaired isn’t unique to the Voltage. Reading through this forum, don’t be brought down by all the woes concerning RV ownership in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:25 AM   #5

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by vchris View Post
We have a 2014 V3200 with the Epic Package and it also has the all weather package. Had it about 18 months and so far we like it. It’s the first 5th wheel I’ve had and the only thing that makes me nervous is the extreme height caused by the second AC in the master bedroom. It has the Onan 5500 gen and it powers everything nicely. We also have the optional railings on the ramp to make a nice porch.

Over all it’s a good unit, and as with any RVs, there are quarks and manufacturer items that were missed or need attending to. Anything that I’ve fixed or repaired isn’t unique to the Voltage. Reading through this forum, don’t be brought down by all the woes concerning RV ownership in general.

Thanks for your insights!

Tags
3200, virginia, voltage