New Dutchmen Voltage Owner - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #21

Saskatchewan
Any pictures of the LED strip behind switches, will have to do! Over 40 eyes are not what they were!

lkhbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:42 AM   #22

Saskatchewan
Wait until they are over 50!

2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
'12 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL
knesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #23

New York
40 50 hell try 65+ (me) or even 70 (DH)
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #24

California
Sorry it took so long to reply Dweb we have been busy using the new trailer.
Alot of issues when we picked it up from the dealer. Take your time and check everything. Are you getting the full body paint? We had several issues with that. And make sure they do a PDI at the dealer. With mine they said they checked every detail and when we did our walk thru I opened a kitchen cabinet and the door came off in my hand, the factory didn't screw the hinges to the door ! The main awning broke the first time we used it and we spent all day trying to secure it back on the trailer to get it back to the dealer. But they checked everything. Yea right !!
Anyway good luck with your new trailer. It is a great floorplan.
waytoogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #25

Oklahoma
I am a little late getting in on this thread. But, I just took delivery today of a new 3895 and one of the features I like is that there is a light just above the door that turns on when the door is opened and then a delay on turning off when the door is closed. This may be a new feature, I am not sure.
lwilkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #26

California
Congrats on your new trailer Iwilkinson. That light feature you mentioned is pretty cool, mine has that too.
I am picking my trailer back up today from the dealer. They hve had it since Feb. 26 to do the repairs we found on the first trip out. They still have parts coming from Dutchmen, but i'm tired of making a payment and having no trailer in my driveway.
I hope you did a complete walkthru inspection when you picked yours up. What did you find?
Good luck with your new trailer.
waytoogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:06 PM   #27

We have a Voltage 3795 and have problems with the bedroom slide...hope you don't have the same problems
alethaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #28

Lookin good
alethaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:56 PM   #29

Indiana
lwilkinson,

Welcome to the site.

Congratulations on your new rig.

Enjoy!!!

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #30

Missouri
Voltage 3950

We're about to purchase our Voltage 3950. We will also be purchasing a new tow vehicle. Any thoughts on F350 vs. F450? Can a 350 even pull this thing when it's fully loaded?

Thanks
Flying Dutchmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #31
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
A friend of mine is a full timer and has a 40 ft toy hauler weighing in at 18750. He tows with a Chevy 3500 dully and has no issues at all. The truck is completely stock. This includes going coast to coast. I would certainly think the F350 would be fine.
Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #32

Oklahoma
Have you put a diesel generator in yet? I had a Onan 6000 put in mine but I still have some questions. The control panel only thinks I have 30 amp power. The generator output has 2 x 30 amp out puts but it's a single phase so the power control center does not think it has 240 volts across.
Martadad02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #33

Ontario
new trailer

well it looks like we have joined the Voltage family . We went to pick up our 3950 we had a few problems
1 blew a hydraulic line
2 they did not install the rain sensor vents in the roof
3 the auto level system does not return to truck set point
The dealer Lazzy acres is working on those but when they phoned Dutchman for the hydraulic line length Lazzy acres could not get a length from them. Having the hose made locally . Waiting to take our maiden voyage. Larry
l.pinkerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #34

curious here. what does the hydraulic line go to?? How are you trying to get auto level to work and go back to the truck drop off point>>??
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:37 AM   #35

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
curious here. what does the hydraulic line go to?? How are you trying to get auto level to work and go back to the truck drop off point>>??
Tanman,

I'm just surfing through the forum and noticed your question.

They have a six point auto leveling system that is hydraulically operated.

The leveling system has a nice feature where it can memorize hitch height where you disconnect from the truck. When you're ready to hook back you just push two buttons on the leveling key pad and it will go back to the hitch height that you disconnected from...............Apparently, this feature wasn't working for them.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Old 07-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #36

I think if my corrupted memory card serves me well you push the left and right buttons to return to pre level height.. Am I correct??
The reason I asked what was hydraulic on your unit because my six point is electric. I didnt know they used any hydraulic on these units. I was just curious is all.
When I first got mine I was told it had hydraulics until I started getting nosy and started looking only to find a motor on each leg.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #37

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
I think if my corrupted memory card serves me well you push the left and right buttons to return to pre level height.. Am I correct??
The reason I asked what was hydraulic on your unit because my six point is electric. I didnt know they used any hydraulic on these units. I was just curious is all.
When I first got mine I was told it had hydraulics until I started getting nosy and started looking only to find a motor on each leg.
Yes, you are correct about left/right switches.

On my Infinity the rams are hydraulic and there is a hydraulic pump and reservoir with hydraulic lines going to each ram. The pump and reservoir are on the passenger side of the front storage compartment.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Old 07-11-2013, 01:41 AM   #38

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dutchmen View Post
We're about to purchase our Voltage 3950. We will also be purchasing a new tow vehicle. Any thoughts on F350 vs. F450? Can a 350 even pull this thing when it's fully loaded?

Thanks
New, new or new to you?
The main advantage I saw was the 450 will have different brakes (larger) and tighter steering, besides the rear and max capacities.

BCooke is offline   Reply With Quote