New Dutchmen Owners - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2016, 12:35 AM   #1

Pennsylvania
New Dutchmen Owners

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and hope to communicate with a lot of you. We just bought a new 2016 Aspen Trail. We are pumped to get out and use it this spring. Had to order it and won't be in till April. So I just wanted to say hi cause we'll be new to this forum.

Phillyfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:24 AM   #2

California
We have a 2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB which we have been doing a few things to make it ready for travel. Seems none of the manufactures actually make a trailer ready for travel. Like towel bars, paper towels, etc. etc.

Welcome to the forum lots of good information here. Do a search for your model and finds some of the posts.

Mike & Emily-Sacramento, CA
Our 4th trailer (2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB)
2018 F150 STX 2.7 Eco Boost
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:45 AM   #3

Pennsylvania
Thanks I'll have to try searching it. Yeah we'll have plenty to do ourselves once we finally get it!!
Old 02-12-2016, 01:09 PM   #4

New Jersey
Hi there Phillyfan10.. Welcome to the forum.
Bought our Aspen trail 1900RB at the end of November..
First trailer for us. Lots of good info and helpful members here. Being a newbie these forums have helped me avoid making some potentially expensive uninformed choices, when I was smart enough to ask..
Hope you will share your improvements with us all.

All the best to you and yours.
Allentown, NJ
Firstime RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:16 PM   #5

Maryland
Welcome aboard and Happy Camping!

2011 Chevy Suburban 2500 4x4
2015 Kodiak 300BHLS
mjcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:50 PM   #6

British Columbia
Welcome to the forum.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:02 PM   #7

Florida
Welcome
Handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:44 AM   #8
Site Team

North Carolina
Welcome!

I don't know if I could order something then have to wait until April to use it.

That is probably why I have ended up with more than one RV at a time in the past.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 12:34 PM   #9

Pennsylvania
Smile

Yes it's definitely very tough for us too!! We wish it was here already. We can't wait. Any advice on some essentials that people usually forget to take. We are trying to get most of the stuff we are going to need ahead of time. This is our first TT. Needed a bigger one with a family of 5!!
Old 02-13-2016, 04:28 PM   #10

British Columbia
Don't worry, no matter how well you prepare a list of essentials, you will forget something and take a bunch of stuff you didn't NEED.

The only check list you need is, "wife check, grandkids check, dogs check, camper hooked up and ready to go, check." GO check, have fun check, got home safe check.

Go camping add to/amend list while camping. When you get home take out all the stuff you thought you would need, but didn't use and leave it home next trip.

Seems every trip we prepare for one of us will say, "why do we need this, we have never used it." Amazing how many it nooks and crannies you can put stuff and then forget you have it.

Go, enjoy and learn as you go what you really need to be comfortable.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
Old 02-13-2016, 04:39 PM   #11

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyfan10 View Post
Just wanted to say hi to everyone and hope to communicate with a lot of you. We just bought a new 2016 Aspen Trail. We are pumped to get out and use it this spring. Had to order it and won't be in till April. So I just wanted to say hi cause we'll be new to this forum.
Welcome and congratulations..

I fully equipped my trailer form amazon. They have most everything you will need at about the best prices.

As for ordering and waiting. Myself and several others I know did the same thing. One thing I will mention is have patients. The dealers can be very frustrating by lack or no communications. It had me kind of upset while waiting because I could never get a good status of my delivery date. So learn to be patient and it will eventually come and you can head out camping and enjoy...

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 06:49 PM   #12

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricNSTL View Post
I fully equipped my trailer form amazon. They have most everything you will need at about the best prices.
Check your local auto parts store as well. My local goto parts store has a large stock of RV parts, as well as a catalogue to order many of the items they don't stock.

Old 02-13-2016, 07:56 PM   #13
Site Team

North Carolina
I bought a lot of my stuff from Amazon too. Including my lighter weight hitch bars. I tried to find them at a couple of local places, then asked about ordering them via CW and they gave me all kinds of excuses, so I checked Amazon on my phone while I was still in CW and found a pair for sale and had them shipped for about what CW wanted for a single bar. My hitch came with 1,000# bars and I needed 600#.

Unlike Jim, my auto parts stores don't carry much RV stuff if any. The local Wal-mart has some stuff, but I avoid that place like the plague.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 08:02 PM   #14

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
Don't worry, no matter how well you prepare a list of essentials, you will forget something and take a bunch of stuff you didn't NEED.

The only check list you need is, "wife check, grandkids check, dogs check, camper hooked up and ready to go, check." GO check, have fun check, got home safe check.

Go camping add to/amend list while camping. When you get home take out all the stuff you thought you would need, but didn't use and leave it home next trip.

Seems every trip we prepare for one of us will say, "why do we need this, we have never used it." Amazing how many it nooks and crannies you can put stuff and then forget you have it.

Well put!! The learning experience is half the fun!! Thanks
Old 02-13-2016, 08:08 PM   #15

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricNSTL View Post
Welcome and congratulations..

As for ordering and waiting. Myself and several others I know did the same thing. One thing I will mention is have patients. The dealers can be very frustrating by lack or no communications. It had me kind of upset while waiting because I could never get a good status of my delivery date. So learn to be patient and it will eventually come and you can head out camping and enjoy...
Yes she has already been looking on Amazon too! She is very excited as we all are. They say good things come to those who wait!! That's definitely us right now!!
Old 02-13-2016, 09:26 PM   #16

New Jersey
We have our trailer but in out neck of the woods, its the weather that's making us wait !!

I'd make a very poor doctor cause I got no patients.....
Allentown, NJ
Firstime RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 10:25 PM   #17

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I bought a lot of my stuff from Amazon too. Including my lighter weight hitch bars. I tried to find them at a couple of local places, then asked about ordering them via CW and they gave me all kinds of excuses, so I checked Amazon on my phone while I was still in CW and found a pair for sale and had them shipped for about what CW wanted for a single bar. My hitch came with 1,000# bars and I needed 600#.

Unlike Jim, my auto parts stores don't carry much RV stuff if any. The local Wal-mart has some stuff, but I avoid that place like the plague.

Aaron
It got better recently, the competitor in the next block must had been doing a little industrial espionage. They have expanded their RV selection and have started an ad campaign, telling people they are paying too much at the RV dealers.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:41 PM   #18

Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post

Thats a fact....
The Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:47 PM   #19

Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyfan10 View Post
Welcome to the tribe......I'm also new to the forum and fairly new to the TT lifestyle.
The Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:13 PM   #20

California
For our Aspen Trail 1900RB had it weighed yesterday loaded by not full of water or food stuff etc for a trip. The trailer weighed 4220 hooked up to the truck so we are not overloaded and probably will not be with full water tank, and the goodies for our trips. Next step is do the tongue weight to make sure have the right size equalizer bars, right now using 800 bars.

Mike & Emily-Sacramento, CA
Our 4th trailer (2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB)
2018 F150 STX 2.7 Eco Boost
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote