New Coleman CTS16QB owner - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #1

Colorado
New Coleman CTS16QB owner

My name is Bill and my wife and I have a 2013 Coleman CTS16QB. Had it out twice so far and love it. Use to have a pop up camper but got tired of all the hassle and it was a 1996 model that started to have issues. Bought it used and got our moneys worth out of it.

Any other Coleman CTS16QB owners out there?

Will be taking the trailer back to the dealer to get a few things fixed.
1. Big burner does not light and when the furnace is on it blows out the little burner.
2. Kitchen draw does not stay shut while traveling
3. Refrigerator does not stay cold when on propane or DC
4. 20 amp fuse blew twice after towing the trailer or it might be something else that blows it.

Other than these issues I love it. Makes camping great. Any other recommendations from other owners? Also had the axle flipped to increase height. Why would they make a trailer that low to the ground?

lithuanian98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #2

British Columbia
Welcome...enjoy the forum.

Coops

Canada
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #3

California
Welcome lithuanian98! Congratulations on your new rig!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:49 AM   #4

Arkansas
congrats....enjoy it every chance you get.
d_eggman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #5

New Jersey
Having problems backing my CTS16BH into my driveway.. even with the slightest pitch, the triangle skid plates are scraping! Asked dealer to 'flip the axles' after reading about it on this forum and other sites.

Dealer suggests caster wheels that attach to rear frame or skid plates. They will roll on the pavement until T.T. tires pick up the trailer. No adding extra stairs, changing hitch drop etc..

Found item on etrailer.com... Lets see what happens...
FrankCLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #6

Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCLV View Post
Having problems backing my CTS16BH into my driveway.. even with the slightest pitch, the triangle skid plates are scraping! Asked dealer to 'flip the axles' after reading about it on this forum and other sites.

Dealer suggests caster wheels that attach to rear frame or skid plates. They will roll on the pavement until T.T. tires pick up the trailer. No adding extra stairs, changing hitch drop etc..

Let us know how they work out, mine scrapes some times when I pull in my drive way also.
d_eggman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #7

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCLV View Post

I suggest you get the axel flipped. It is worth the money around $300. No longer scraping the dirt. Gives 4 to 5 inches of extra clearance. Plus you can go camping other places without messing something up.
lithuanian98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:18 AM   #8

Saskatchewan
Just a thought here as you may encounter the problem I am having with my 242RESP by flipping the axles and making your trailer higher. Last Friday night DW and I drove out to a provincial campground and it was our first time there. As soon as we stepped outside we were attacked by mosquitoes. Then for the next two hours we tried to level our trailer. The site is poorly designed into three tiers each one dropping and the whole site is covered in 6 - 8" of pea gravel. I set the wheel chocks (the kind that sit between the tires) and started to place the jack stands. My front hitch is almost touching the ground and my rear jack stands are as high as they can go and mounted on several chunks of 2 X 10's. All of a sudden the trailer front jack drops off the wooden block it's sitting on and the trailer is rolling backwards right over the wheel chocks which have disappeared into the quick sand pea gravel. I made the next wheel chocks out of two 2 X 10's and chunks of logs which were sitting there. I then tried to again level the trailer and no matter what I did I could not get the bubbles to centre. Finally exhausted, sweaty, mosquito bitten and terribly hungry as it is now two hours past our normal supper hour DW suggests we go back and get a refund and go home to setup in the backyard. After the drive back home we bought pizza for supper I slipped into a deep sleep in my wonderful bed in our air conditioned home. When I get done here I'm writing a letter to the parks people complaining about that site. As it turned out we had a horrible weather day on Saturday and we were happy to be home.
Before you flip those axles please figure what the final height of your trailer will be and consider all the problems you'll have levelling it where everything is much higher and less stable.

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #9

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by lithuanian98 View Post
My name is Bill and my wife and I have a 2013 Coleman CTS16QB. Had it out twice so far and love it. Use to have a pop up camper but got tired of all the hassle and it was a 1996 model that started to have issues. Bought it used and got our moneys worth out of it.

Any other Coleman CTS16QB owners out there?

Will be taking the trailer back to the dealer to get a few things fixed.
1. Big burner does not light and when the furnace is on it blows out the little burner.
2. Kitchen draw does not stay shut while traveling
3. Refrigerator does not stay cold when on propane or DC
4. 20 amp fuse blew twice after towing the trailer or it might be something else that blows it.

Other than these issues I love it. Makes camping great. Any other recommendations from other owners? Also had the axle flipped to increase height. Why would they make a trailer that low to the ground?
Hi lithuanian98,

Just purchased a 2014 Coleman CTS16QB, and I agree with you about the low clearance. What was the manufacturer thinking? Even with casters attached to the skid plates, we still can't back the trailer into the driveway, And, it's a very flat, level driveway. So, we are having the axles flipped next week.
Desert Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #10

Alabama
We have a new 27rl, only issues we have is the AC. It does not cool! Anyone else have issues?

AlabamaCamper is offline   Reply With Quote