New Atlas 5th Wheel - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2018, 12:02 AM   #1

California
New Atlas 5th Wheel

Good afternoon,
We purchased our 2018 Atlas 5th Wheel in January of this year.
I am curious if anyone else is having issues with delamination? We noticed in March down the side of the pop out a crease/bubble. We scheduled appointment and demanded a new pop out, which was denied but Dutchmen. So, the sanded and refiberglassed the pop out and it looked good as new, they assured us st Camling World this would be the fix and they do it all the time. Well the other day, coming him from work I looked at the trailer siding as I do everyday and guess what the bubble is back and now cracking where they applied the new fiberglass. What recourse does on have to get a whole new pop out? Anyone else have issues or advice. We have appointment for tomorrow morning to take it back. Really bummed we had to cancel another trip so that we could get it back in for repairs before our warranty is up. So frustrated.
Thanks for any advice
Brandi Macias

Linewifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:33 AM   #2

Florida
Welcome to the forum Brandi Macias! there are several here that have had delam issues. you are the first one that I have heard to have had it repaired in such a way. I would think that Camping World would be responsible to repair that repair they did. Sounds to me that they did not do it properly (go figure). I have had CW do repairs on my RV and I found out that they frequently employ folks that have NO idea what they are doing.

Delamination is the separation of layers of fiberglass cloth and resin from each other or from the core sandwiched between the layers. The cause of delamination is usually physical stress to the fiberglass surface. This ruptures the surface skin and allows water to enter the laminate and migrate into the core.

it sounds like the core was not completely dry and the new patch not properly applied to the core.

Good luck!

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:41 PM   #3

Nevada
I too purchased an atlas. Worst product I have ever purchased. Mine has been at CW since August. I have had so many issues I don't know where to start. The big one is the slide out was sagging so bad you could see the motor. CW had told me they have tried everything Dutchman has told them to do to fix it. But here I sit 5 months later no RV and no time table. They said they may have to take back to the manufacturer. But that was over a month ago. Meanwhile my warranty is also wasting away.
2013 Ford F350
RSNK61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:16 AM   #4

California
Such a shame. We have the same model as you do. What recourse do iwe as owners have? We just heard back from camping world and they heard back from Dutchmen that they can replace the pop out. So it is being sent via freight. Ours will be in the shop at least a month if not longer again. Our warranty is up the end of January.
Linewifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:22 AM   #5

Nevada
Wow that is great news. Hope all turns out for you. my recourse may to get a lawyer a go at it under the lemon law. Sounds like a total pain in the a$$
Old 12-27-2018, 02:49 PM   #6

Oklahoma
Check to make sure the freight is covered under your warranty... I just had my fireplace replaced under warranty and got a $200 + bill for the freight charges - warranty only covered parts and labor - not shipping...
Red Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:02 PM   #7

Nevada
Are you kidding me. Wow it doesn't surprise me. Thanks for the heads-up
2013 Ford F350
Old 12-28-2018, 11:55 AM   #8

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Badger View Post
Check to make sure the freight is covered under your warranty... I just had my fireplace replaced under warranty and got a $200 + bill for the freight charges - warranty only covered parts and labor - not shipping...

You must have had it repaired at camping world. They did the same to me.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2018 atlas, delaminating again