New Aspen Trail 2811BHS Owner - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2014, 12:43 AM   #1

Georgia
New Aspen Trail 2811BHS Owner

Greetings,

New owner of a 2014 Aspen Trail 2811BHS here. Purchased on June 2nd and will be living full time through Jan 15. I'm very pleased with this TT so far.

joelaterdayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:04 PM   #2

Florida
Would love to know how it holds up to full time use. We love our Aspen Trail. Leica ? Surveyor or Remote Sensing? We use Leica equipment at work for documenting crash scenes, I was a GIS major in college and used mostly Leica equipment and software for that too.

Keep us posted on your fulltime adventures. my wife and I want to live fulltime in an Rv( our 1900RB is too small), and keep our full time jobs.

Joel

Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:25 PM   #3

Georgia
I'm being a bit of a poseur with the Leica shirt. My wife got it for me. I shoot with an Olympus OMD EM-5. She shoots with a Canon.

Hopefully the Aspen Trail holds up over the next six months. It doesn't get too cold in Augusta.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #4

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelaterdayz View Post
I'm being a bit of a poseur with the Leica shirt. My wife got it for me. I shoot with an Olympus OMD EM-5. She shoots with a Canon.

Hopefully the Aspen Trail holds up over the next six months. It doesn't get too cold in Augusta.
on your new camper! And good luck full timing it. Sounds like fun. Keep posting from time to time and let us know how it's going.

Bob & Hanna
2014 Aspen Trail 2060RBS/2010 F-150 5.4L
Port Saint Lucie, FL
BobR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:12 PM   #5

Georgia
Observations

So far things are going well. The only issue I am having is daytime heat. During the afternoon it's been getting into the 90's. My spot has no shade, insulation is R7 all the way around and there is one 13.5k A/C. The A/C does an adequate job in the main living area at full blast but the little duct coming into the front bedroom is not up to the task. There is a wall between the main living area and bedroom with one sliding door. I'm going to buy a fan to bring some of the cooler air from the living area into the bedroom. One positive is the gas/electric DSI water heater. With both the gas and electric on, we were able to take three showers and back to back with hot water to spare.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:35 PM   #6

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelaterdayz View Post
So far things are going well. The only issue I am having is daytime heat. During the afternoon it's been getting into the 90's. My spot has no shade, insulation is R7 all the way around and there is one 13.5k A/C. The A/C does an adequate job in the main living area at full blast but the little duct coming into the front bedroom is not up to the task. There is a wall between the main living area and bedroom with one sliding door. I'm going to buy a fan to bring some of the cooler air from the living area into the bedroom. One positive is the gas/electric DSI water heater. With both the gas and electric on, we were able to take three showers and back to back with hot water to spare.
on the rig.

If you have a ceiling fan in the bedroom, crack it open some and turn the fan on to medium. That should draw plenty of cool air to the bedroom.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:43 PM   #7

Georgia
Unfortunately there's no ceiling fan in the bedroom, just a small a/c duct.