New 2014 Voltage 3950 owner here... - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2013, 01:49 AM   #21

Indiana
Mark, (Orangecrush)

There are some units out there that have the adjustable front legs with the auto level system.

Many of the auto level systems have 6 identical rams like yours and mine included. When we purchased our coach we looked at another that did not have 6 point leveling and they were going to add it on that coach. That had adjustable legs in front.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:31 AM   #22

Tennessee
Yes that's the pins. I have the six point electric auto levelling. Sounds like the hydraulic does not have these. Are the newer 3950s hydraulic all the way around or just the fronts?

2013 Voltage 3950
Blue full body paint
micahmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:36 AM   #23

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by micahmiles View Post
Yes that's the pins. I have the six point electric auto levelling. Sounds like the hydraulic does not have these. Are the newer 3950s hydraulic all the way around or just the fronts?
I can't speak for others but mine is hydraulic all the way around.

Mark
orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #24

Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by micahmiles View Post
Are the newer 3950s hydraulic all the way around or just the fronts?
Mine are hydraulic all the way around. No pins to pull. Park, push a couple buttons, wait, and it's level. That's unless I have to put blocks under the jacks to keep from getting the "Out of Stroke" error message.
slb5146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #25

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by slb5146 View Post
Mine are hydraulic all the way around. No pins to pull. Park, push a couple buttons, wait, and it's level. That's unless I have to put blocks under the jacks to keep from getting the "Out of Stroke" error message.

Yeah, I've gotten that message and the newest one was "trailer too low in front". I was trying to lower the front hitch onto my truck and it would not let me do so. I had to using the computer, not manually.

Mark
Old 12-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #26

Texas
Anytime i make manual adjutments to gain level, i have to "auto level " before the system will allow me to manually control front jacks. OBTW, i have 6 point Level Up system.
2 HDs & Can-Am Two up
nmroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #27

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmroper View Post
Anytime i make manual adjutments to gain level, i have to "auto level " before the system will allow me to manually control front jacks. OBTW, i have 6 point Level Up system.
That's what I'm finding out…

One question though. The dealership told me something about never leaving your truck there first… something to do with the auto level "dips" first and then goes up??

Can you elaborate on this? I missed that and the bit about it having a memory.

Thanks!

Mark
Old 12-17-2013, 12:07 AM   #28

Texas
Mark, the dealer was referring to the extreme dip the nose of the trailer will take when you first activate the "auto level". Its also well covered on Lippert web site. You must ensure your truck is clear before auto leveling.

Mark
2 HDs & Can-Am Two up
nmroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:22 AM   #29

Indiana
Mark & Dee (mnrpoer),

Turn your key pad on then go to then push either "up" or "down" arrows to scroll in the screen. Scroll to "manual mode". It will ask you to push the "enter" button either before or after. Adjust and follow prompts.

Mark (Orangecrush),

Place trailer in position to disconnect from truck hitch. Disconnect and drive truck clear of trailer. Push "auto level". Let it do its thing. This will memorize where you disconnected.

When you're ready to head out. Turn key pad on and push "left" and "right" buttons simultaneously. This will bring the hitch to where you disconnected. At this point truck can be backed into pin hitch on trailer. Once connected. Scroll to "Retract all" on screen and push "enter". Then all 6 hydraulic rams will retract simultaneously.......really cool.
Note: Do not touch the retract button, on the key pad, unless you want to manually raise the rams..........you'll have lost the cool effect.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:50 AM   #30

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinityrver View Post
Mark & Dee (mnrpoer),

Turn your key pad on then go to then push either "up" or "down" arrows to scroll in the screen. Scroll to "manual mode". It will ask you to push the "enter" button either before or after. Adjust and follow prompts.

Mark (Orangecrush),

Place trailer in position to disconnect from truck hitch. Disconnect and drive truck clear of trailer. Push "auto level". Let it do its thing. This will memorize where you disconnected.

When you're ready to head out. Turn key pad on and push "left" and "right" buttons simultaneously. This will bring the hitch to where you disconnected. At this point truck can be backed into pin hitch on trailer. Once connected. Scroll to "Retract all" on screen and push "enter". Then all 6 hydraulic rams will retract simultaneously.......really cool.
Note: Do not touch the retract button, on the key pad, unless you want to manually raise the rams..........you'll have lost the cool effect.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I know this is dumb but I taped a section of a video just to remind me.

I can figure it out but I know I'll forget the auto memory height part….

Thanks,

Mark
Old 12-17-2013, 02:52 AM   #31

Arizona
The memory height does not seem to be accurate on my rig. It get close but is usually to high. I use a tape measure. 46 1/2" is the magic number for my set up. Hopefully you have the trailer in your yard, lot or driveway now. Practice, practice and more practice is a good idea. I had mine hooked to my truck for several days before I had the balls to drive out from under it. It was summer in Arizona and 110 degrees so I was not up to messing with it a bunch. It took me half a dozen times hooking up and disconnecting before I got semi comfortable. I still have to think it through each time.

Have you disconnected and reconnected yet. How many times? Practice is good! Do it at home with no one around watching you. Again, my advice is to practice. And remember your tailgate. I know it sound stupid for me to say that but, remember your tailgate.

Also your trailer will not auto level if the ground is to high in front. It has to dip enough for the computer to analyze what it needs to. do.

The plate on you hitch pin slides back and forth. Connect with the pin in the forward position. It is just easier to hookup with the pin in the forward position. Don't worry about the clunking you hear when stopping and starting. It is the hitch pin plate slide back and forth. After awhile you won't really notice it much. You will learn to drive smoothly and sometimes you can actually stop without the plate sliding forward.

The list goes on and on.

Arlan
arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:00 AM   #32

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlan in arizona View Post
The memory height does not seem to be accurate on my rig. It get close but is usually to high. I use a tape measure. 46 1/2" is the magic number for my set up. Hopefully you have the trailer in your yard, lot or driveway now. Practice, practice and more practice is a good idea. I had mine hooked to my truck for several days before I had the balls to drive out from under it. It was summer in Arizona and 110 degrees so I was not up to messing with it a bunch. It took me half a dozen times hooking up and disconnecting before I got semi comfortable. I still have to think it through each time.

Have you disconnected and reconnected yet. How many times? Practice is good! Do it at home with no one around watching you. Again, my advice is to practice. And remember your tailgate. I know it sound stupid for me to say that but, remember your tailgate.

Also your trailer will not auto level if the ground is to high in front. It has to dip enough for the computer to analyze what it needs to. do.

The plate on you hitch pin slides back and forth. Connect with the pin in the forward position. It is just easier to hookup with the pin in the forward position. Don't worry about the clunking you hear when stopping and starting. It is the hitch pin plate slide back and forth. After awhile you won't really notice it much. You will learn to drive smoothly and sometimes you can actually stop without the plate sliding forward.

The list goes on and on.

Arlan

Arlan,

I JUST walked back in at almost 11pm to go do a test hook up. I pushed the auto memory and it raised to where I had it. I backed my truck so the ball was under the gooseneck (I'm not using a 5th wheel, I'm using a gooseneck) and lowered it until the ball clicked… auto up and she was done.

Very simple. Using a camera mounted to my toolbox, I can back right where I needed to be.

Works great!

Mark
Old 12-17-2013, 07:29 AM   #33

Arizona
Outstanding! Have fun and be safe.
arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #34

Indiana
Arlan,

"46 1/2" is the magic number".

It's time to recalibrate.