Just bought 2001 Dutchman Sport 25' - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2015, 04:05 PM   #1

Colorado
Just bought 2001 Dutchman Sport 25'

Hi everyone,
We are in Colorado and just bought a 2001 Dutchman Sport 25' and heave many questions.
Our outlets work as well as the microwave but our dome lights don't.
Any suggestions.
Thanks
Mark Archer

Marcher8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:45 PM   #2

Montana
Welcome! Some more info would be helpful. Since 120V AC outlets are working, I assume this means you are plugged in to shore power.
Regarding "dome lights" not working. Do you mean the lighting throughout the interior of the camper? These operate off of 12V power. Here are some questions/ideas to help troubleshoot.
Does the camper have a battery installed? If so, do other 12V items work such as water pump or refrigerator on the gas setting? If no other 12V items work, that means the battery is not connected in some way. Could be a faulty battery, loose connections, or blown fuses.
If there is a battery installed, is there a battery disconnect switch that might be engaged (set on disconnect)?
There is a resettable inline fuse that should be near the battery terminal on the positive lead that could be worth exploring.
There is also the power distribution center inside the camper and the fuse for the lighting circuit may be out.
Also reverse polarity fuses on the converter that may be blown if the battery was ever hooked up with reverse polarity.

Some excellent reading material.
The 12 volt side of life

Old 04-02-2015, 07:30 PM   #3

California
Welcome Mark. ewarnerusa gave some great advise on what to check for. I would ad one more thing. Some 12v lights have switches on them & can also be controlled from a wall switch. If yours are like that make sure both are in turned to the on setting. Good luck & keep us updated.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:10 PM   #4

Colorado
Thank you for the quick replies and advice. it is snowing right now but tomorrow will be a sunny day. I will let you know how I fair.
This is a great group and I am happy to be a member now.
Thanks again
Marcher8 is offline   Reply With Quote