Howdy from Colorado! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2016, 03:44 PM   #1

Washington
Howdy from Colorado!

My wife and I, with our two furry dependants, are about to embark on a new adventure. For the next 6-9 months we'll be spending quite a bit of time in our new 5th wheel while our Airpark home is being built here outside Denver. Our chariot of choice was the VoltageV3305 and I just towed her home yesterday. She currently sits in the driveway outside the barn and I am running her through her paces prior to her first trip out next week. So far, with the exception of a garage door pin alignment issue I fixed, and a missing screw for a cabinet pull, all looking good.

We picked the 3305 because it was (relatively) reasonably priced and it offers nice features and its light enough to pull easily with my F350. My wife gets the garage space by day to do her work as an artist. I can work from a laptop anywhere theres an Internet connection and I'll be splitting time between the trailer and my hangar where we have small living quarters and an office as well. Once the house is done, we'll park in the hangar and make use of the garage as my home office and we'll have overflow accommodations for family visits.

First stop, Oshkosh, WI for EAA Airventure! We typically attend every year and we've been renting for the last 7. This ought to be more enjoyable as we'll have more amenities and space than the Class C rentals.

TV is an F350 7.3L Diesel Crew Cab SRW. It's got an aftermarket Garret Turbo with a Banks Intercoller and 4" turbo back exhaust, auxiliary transmission cooler and an Edge Evolution engine mapper. I love having the gauges to see how the engine temps are running. It's also got suspension air bags. I loaded them to 50lbs while towing and the truck sat level and it seemed to barely know the trailer was there!

Looking forward to the education, experiences, learning the maintenance ropes, and the "living light" enjoyment compared to our current home. Any early advice is truly welcomed.

-Paul, Stacy, Ichabid & Amelia
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	3466  

The Cramblersons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:03 PM   #2

Pennsylvania
Howdy

Welcome.

We too have a 3305, a 2015 model year. Finally getting all the bugs worked out of it. It has been a challenge at times though. We like the layout and it does what we need.

I learned a lot from the folks on this forum, even though we've been doing this for 30 years, there's is always more to learn. Good folks here.

Enjoy,
Bill T.

2015 Voltage 3305, Gone for Good !
2014 Ram 3500 dually, Aisin, Gone but not Forgotten.
2018 Winnebago Sunstar 32YE
thompwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:06 PM   #3

British Columbia
Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you have a great time ahead of you. We visited the museum back in 1993, really enjoyed the collection and the learning about the history of flight.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:01 PM   #4
Site Team

North Carolina
Welcome!

We are headed the other way... going to be moving into the barn.

Wife's uncle is a former airline pilot and has a fair number of vintage aircraft. He has built a couple of Pietenpol Air Campers for various museums. I know that one is at the Kitty Hawk location, not sure where the other went. I think his current project is a 1930's curved wing Waco. He has his own grass strip and a huge hanger, says he wished he had never built the house, just lived in the hanger.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 07:34 PM   #5

Washington
Thanks. Care to highlight some of the "bugs"? Hoping to get an idea of what I may be up against.
The Cramblersons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:06 PM   #6

Oregon
Welcome. I'm a pilot myself and come from a corporate flying father. We have looked at the exact same scenario as you are. I just joined the forum yesterday....what do you fly??
kkeller14k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:48 PM   #7

California
Welcome Paul. Glad you found us. 100's of years of RVing here on this site (30+ for me). Feel free to ask any questions as some one has "been there done that" with any question you may have.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 06:10 PM   #8

Colorado
Welcome to the site and being a new owner. My wife and I along with our good friends bought a Voltage 3200 this year. We love it and have been using it all summer. A few things we found is having spare nuts and bolts on hand as we had some minor issues here and there. Our biggest issue was with the main AC stopped working with an E1 code on the display. Ended up being corrosion on the phone line connectors for the communications. Fixed and added some dielectric gel to them and all should be good now. We found the main AC did not work too well with air out of the ducts. My buddy found that the factory did a terrible job on the taping so he did it himself and made a night/day difference. Seems to be a common issue with the quality control lacking at the factory.

I also updated my GPS and got a Garmin 660 which works with the backup camera and what I like is you can load in your trailer dimensions so you should not be routed anywhere you can smack an overpass.

Enjoy OSH. I rented a plane and flew in there 4 years ago and am hooked. Great place to see all the planes. Have fun and welcome to the site.
2014 Harley Davidson CVO Limited
Colorado440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:29 AM   #9

Florida
Welcome

Handyman is offline   Reply With Quote