Hi Everyone - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2018, 03:28 PM   #1

Florida
Hi Everyone

I've never had a tt, but my husband has his whole life and he finally convinced me to try it out. So, we just bought '02 Dutchman 19t and looking forward to some great trips - as soon as we take care of some deferred maintenance of the previous owners. Roof coat, reseal window, etc. Then, some updating to the fabrics inside. Hopefully its ready to go for the upcoming shrimping season on the St. Johns River.

HopeFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:11 PM   #2

Florida
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum! Scaloping season is open

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:46 PM   #3

Texas
Congrats and welcome. If you haven't heard we like pics.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
CSCLARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:31 PM   #4

Florida
Thanks

We have purchased all the stuff to do the roof and are heading to my cousins on the St. John. They have a 3 bay shop where we can pull in and take care of the roof without worrying about the rain. I'll take some pics while we're there and post.
Old 06-30-2018, 03:57 PM   #5

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeFL View Post
I've never had a tt, but my husband has his whole life and he finally convinced me to try it out. So, we just bought '02 Dutchman 19t and looking forward to some great trips - as soon as we take care of some deferred maintenance of the previous owners. Roof coat, reseal window, etc. Then, some updating to the fabrics inside. Hopefully its ready to go for the upcoming shrimping season on the St. Johns River.

Welcome and best of luck!
Have fun!
Bill
ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:43 PM   #6

Kentucky
Welcome...
BarryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:26 PM   #7

Oklahoma
Quote:
Welcome to the forum, there is a lot of good advice here so take some time and look for the topics that interest you. Remember that you may see a some negativity here toward the dealerships and company's but try and overlook it for the benefits the site does provide.
Red Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:04 PM   #8

Florida
Update/Pictures

Thanks for the welcome.
I am really enjoying my first outing in the new (to us) camper. I'm uploading pictures. The first thing we did was put on the roof coat - It really needed it. Now, I'm cleaning and figuring out how to fit everything inside, which required some creative thinking and reading some rv hack sites, but I'm making it work. So far, the only thing I really don't like is having zero counter space.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180702_154659 (2).jpg
Views:	289
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	4828   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180708_112937.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	4829   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180708_112944.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	4830   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180701_115403.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	4831   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180701_150800.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	4832  

Old 07-13-2018, 10:12 PM   #9

South Carolina
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome.
I am really enjoying my first outing in the new (to us) camper. I'm uploading pictures. The first thing we did was put on the roof coat - It really needed it. Now, I'm cleaning and figuring out how to fit everything inside, which required some creative thinking and reading some rv hack sites, but I'm making it work. So far, the only thing I really don't like is having zero counter space.

Looks like a great roof job! WOW!

As to your counter space. Make some covers for your sinks. Most new TT have that now and it helps a lot toward counter space.

Enjoy!

Bill
ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:20 PM   #10

Virginia
Our Aerolite

Welcome Hope, we bought a used 2013 Aerolite also and updated it, it is just what we want/need...
Here is a picture of the Dinette in ours, I made legwarmers for the table legs, because the cold metal is offensive to my legs.
Hubby put a drop down table on the front of the cabinet and we bought a big chopping board to cover up the stove, instead of 60 dollars it was 16 at IKEA.
Have fun with it, it's your home!
Anneliese
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedroom April 2018.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	4833   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinette April 2018.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	4834  
mdtimepc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:05 PM   #11

Minnesota
Quote:
Hi HopeFL.
Congrats on your purchase, welcome to the forum, and to the world of trailering!
I agree, unless we go large, counter space can be an issue. You sound creative; so, use of the dining table, maybe adding a hinged piece to your counter that can be raised when needed, then lowered when not in use, a cutting board/countertop cover for the stove and sink/s helps as well. A trailer is like a boat, everything has a place or room runs out. Good luck, have fun, and we are planning a trip to GA to visit my son, maybe we'll meet you and your husband around a friendly campfire sometime!

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:12 PM   #12

Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Badger View Post
Welcome to the forum, there is a lot of good advice here so take some time and look for the topics that interest you. Remember that you may see a some negativity here toward the dealerships and company's but try and overlook it for the benefits the site does provide.
Nice comments Red; look to the positive!!

2018 Coleman Lite 1805RB
Old 07-22-2018, 07:33 PM   #13

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
Hi HopeFL.
Congrats on your purchase, welcome to the forum, and to the world of trailering!
I agree, unless we go large, counter space can be an issue. You sound creative; so, use of the dining table, maybe adding a hinged piece to your counter that can be raised when needed, then lowered when not in use, a cutting board/countertop cover for the stove and sink/s helps as well. A trailer is like a boat, everything has a place or room runs out. Good luck, have fun, and we are planning a trip to GA to visit my son, maybe we'll meet you and your husband around a friendly campfire sometime!
IO purchased one of those induction cooktops. it's amazing, very little heat in the camper. I also went by Ross (TJ MAXX also) and purchased a large bamboo cutting board the same size as the stovetop. When traveling, the induction cooktop fits in the stove. I also bought some of that non-skid stuff for shelves. That is just the ticket to keep the cutting board from sliding around on top of the stove. I only light the stove when I am attempting to purge the air out of the gas lines then shut it off right away after it lights. Water heater starts up right away when I do that (taking a shower, flip on the gas). I also changed that pathetic showerhead for one that gives us a bit more of a stream PLUS I put one of the shower head holders about leg height so the little woman could shave her legs and sit down in the shower on a TEAK stool....
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:26 AM   #14

Minnesota
[QUOTE=franktafl;61528]IO purchased one of those induction cooktops. it's amazing, very little heat in the camper. I also went by Ross (TJ MAXX also) and purchased a large bamboo cutting board the same size as the stovetop. When traveling, the induction cooktop fits in the stove. I also bought some of that non-skid stuff for shelves. That is just the ticket to keep the cutting board from sliding around on top of the stove. I only light the stove when I am attempting to purge the air out of the gas lines then shut it off right away after it lights. Water heater starts up right away when I do that (taking a shower, flip on the gas). I also changed that pathetic showerhead for one that gives us a bit more of a stream PLUS I put one of the shower head holders about leg height so the little woman could shave her legs and sit down in the shower on a TEAK stool...
Sounds like you are on track to making the trailer "Yours" and more functional, and you need to keep the little lady happy... Teak... cool.

2018 Coleman Lite 1805RB