Hello from Lakeland, Fl - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2018, 07:53 PM   #1

Florida
Hello from Lakeland, Fl

Hello All, we've purchased our 28'RLSS in Dec. 2016, our first trip April 2017 took us out west thru Texas, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Northern Calif., Oregon, Eastern Washington, Iowa, Montana, Colorado and back to Florida. No problems with the unit, 10,000 miles, 3-1/2 months. What a beautiful country we have.

I need to check my brakes before going out again does anyone know if the P205/75 R14 breaks are 12" x 2" or 10" x 2"??????

Best Regards
Norm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pit Stop Flaming Gorge Utah 2.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	4907  

Norm-n-Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:01 PM   #2

Florida
Update; after spending have a day yesterday where my RV trailer resides I found that my Drum/break size is 10" x 2-1/4" and are in excellent condition added grease to bearings air up my tires and changed the knuckle on my tenssion bar (WD). All is ready for our NE getaway coming up shortly.

Old 08-16-2018, 03:23 PM   #3

Florida
Welcome to the forum. That sounds like an amazing trip. NE Getaway? NewEngland?
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:45 PM   #4

Florida
Hi Frank, We're headed along the coast all the way to Nova Scotia then down thru Vermont, NH, New York (Northern) and follow the fall leaves home. We are so looking forward to this trip.
Thanks Norm
Old 08-17-2018, 12:03 AM   #5

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm-n-Mary View Post
Hello All, we've purchased our 28'RLSS in Dec. 2016, our first trip April 2017 took us out west thru Texas, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Northern Calif., Oregon, Eastern Washington, Iowa, Montana, Colorado and back to Florida. No problems with the unit, 10,000 miles, 3-1/2 months. What a beautiful country we have.

I need to check my brakes before going out again does anyone know if the P205/75 R14 breaks are 12" x 2" or 10" x 2"??????

Best Regards
Norm
Welcome from MD!!
2018 Ford F150 Supercrew Lariat
GTULOWITZKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 05:55 PM   #6

Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm-n-Mary View Post
Hi Frank, We're headed along the coast all the way to Nova Scotia then down thru Vermont, NH, New York (Northern) and follow the fall leaves home. We are so looking forward to this trip.
Thanks Norm
Hi Norm-n-Mary,
Welcome to the Forum and it sounds like you two are not letting much grass grow under your rig.
You'll love Nova Scotia!! My wife and I had the opportunity to visit Halifax in '99 or 2000 and couldn't get over the people, they all seemed like family... they were all fantastic! We had to visit Peggy's Cove and pay our respects at 1998 Swissair Flight 111 Memorial. We then scooted around to the Lighthouse and ate a wonderful lobster dinner in the shadows of the Lighthouse. A truly wonderful place with fantastic people!! I hope it hasn't changed much since we were there, but a hurricane and time seem to change things.
We hope you enjoy your trailer!!

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:55 PM   #7

North Carolina
Welcome!
RobRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 01:16 AM   #8

Florida
Former Lakeland Fl Resident

Hi Norm n Mary! We lived in Lakeland for 20 years and have been traveling full-time now for 4 years in a Voltage 3950. Wonderful life and so much to see. Hope you enjoy your trip in the NE.

Softhog is offline   Reply With Quote