Hello from East Tennessee - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-25-2017, 01:13 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Brown Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Under my desk
Posts: 194
Tennessee
Hello from East Tennessee

We picked up our 2018 Coleman 1805RB from Camping World of Asheville last Wednesday and made our maiden voyage this past weekend. Everything worked great except one leaking valve stem. Some quality control issues, like most new RV's, but we love it so far.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
2018 Coleman Money Pit (rebuilding it one piece at time and didn't cost Camping World a dime)
Brown Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:32 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Benton
Posts: 150
Tennessee
From one Tennessean to another, welcome.
__________________

__________________
2015 V 3305
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6-speed manual
2002 Goldwing Trike
2012 EZ-GO 2FIVE LSV 2014 Gem E4 LSV
3wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:40 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brown Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Under my desk
Posts: 194
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wheeler View Post
From one Tennessean to another, welcome.
Thanks!

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk
__________________
2018 Coleman Money Pit (rebuilding it one piece at time and didn't cost Camping World a dime)
Brown Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:20 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
wildwest450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sparta
Posts: 1,715
Tennessee
Middle Tennessee checking in, welcome!
__________________
2014 Aerolite 213 RBSL
2016 Chevrolet Colorado
wildwest450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:18 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brown Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Under my desk
Posts: 194
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawniewest View Post
Middle Tennessee checking in, welcome!
Thanks Dawn, how do you like your Colorado?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
__________________
2018 Coleman Money Pit (rebuilding it one piece at time and didn't cost Camping World a dime)
Brown Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:36 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
wildwest450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sparta
Posts: 1,715
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Lantern View Post
Thanks Dawn, how do you like your Colorado?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
So far it's been great. I use it primarily for work, so it's the perfect cross between towing ability and gas mileage 23-24mpg on the highway, with the camper it dives to around 12mpg.
__________________
2014 Aerolite 213 RBSL
2016 Chevrolet Colorado
wildwest450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:19 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,874
Florida
AWESOME! I love that area. I'll be in BOONE in a couple of weeks...
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:51 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Brown Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Under my desk
Posts: 194
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawniewest View Post
So far it's been great. I use it primarily for work, so it's the perfect cross between towing ability and gas mileage 23-24mpg on the highway, with the camper it dives to around 12mpg.
Great, been trying to convince my misses that a 4x4 diesel would be perfect for her.
Brown Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:55 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Brown Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Under my desk
Posts: 194
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
AWESOME! I love that area. I'll be in BOONE in a couple of weeks...
We love Boone too and always go to Mast General Store. We've never camped there, which campground you going to? Any you would recommend?
Brown Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:04 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,874
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Lantern View Post
We love Boone too and always go to Mast General Store. We've never camped there, which campground you going to? Any you would recommend?
We stay at Grandfather Campground every time. It is right alongside the Watauga River. Stocked with trout and also has a few wild trout (can be kept). It's right across the street from the entrance to Seven Devils's, Easy to get to everything. Last time we were there, we went to Eustice's place (Mountain Men). It's filmed right there in Boone. We had a buggy ride tour with him of his place that they show on TV.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:13 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Brown Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Under my desk
Posts: 194
Tennessee
Driven by there a million times and never paid attention to that campground. The deck sites really look nice. The brisket at the Peddlin' Pig is awesome and my wife loves Erick's Cheese and Wine Shop because he has the Italian dessert wine she's crazy about.
Brown Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:42 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,874
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Lantern View Post
Driven by there a million times and never paid attention to that campground. The deck sites really look nice. The brisket at the Peddlin' Pig is awesome and my wife loves Erick's Cheese and Wine Shop because he has the Italian dessert wine she's crazy about.
Peddlin Pig is the best! We go to VISTAS LAND AND SEA in Mountain City for their SUNDAY brunch. Bella's in Banner Elk is Italian at it's best. So many GREAT places there to explore. Do you fly fish?
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:57 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Brown Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Under my desk
Posts: 194
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
Peddlin Pig is the best! We go to VISTAS LAND AND SEA in Mountain City for their SUNDAY brunch. Bella's in Banner Elk is Italian at it's best. So many GREAT places there to explore. Do you fly fish?
I tried, just gave my gear to a friend that we camp with. I never caught any fish but I was very successful at catching tree limbs...grass...my wife...myself...our dogs, you get the picture.
Brown Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:21 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,874
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Lantern View Post
I tried, just gave my gear to a friend that we camp with. I never caught any fish but I was very successful at catching tree limbs...grass...my wife...myself...our dogs, you get the picture.
fishing in wide open spaces has it's benefits.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:06 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Brown Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Under my desk
Posts: 194
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
fishing in wide open spaces has it's benefits.
Absolutely, especially when I'm involved.
Brown Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:21 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,874
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Lantern View Post
Absolutely, especially when I'm involved.
You should hook up with my buddies at Elk Creek Outfitters. they are on 105 about a quarter mile outside of the center of boone, ask for Conner.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 01:07 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Brown Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Under my desk
Posts: 194
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
You should hook up with my buddies at Elk Creek Outfitters. they are on 105 about a quarter mile outside of the center of boone, ask for Conner.
I've thought about some training or outfitters but I've almost come to the conclusion that there are two things I can't do correctly, sand sheetrock to a smooth finish or fish. Apparently I was born with 2 insensitive meat hooks for hands. But, I can back a trailer.
Brown Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:26 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,874
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Lantern View Post
I've thought about some training or outfitters but I've almost come to the conclusion that there are two things I can't do correctly, sand sheetrock to a smooth finish or fish. Apparently I was born with 2 insensitive meat hooks for hands. But, I can back a trailer.
LOL... we all have to be good at something!
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 12:48 AM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Millington
Posts: 31
Tennessee
Welcome from West TN. My wife and I are picking up a new 2605RL in the Morning. Can't wait to take her on the road.
curiousgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:14 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Brown Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Under my desk
Posts: 194
Tennessee
Howdy! We just got home from a week at Myrtle Beach, SC. I hope your 2605RL provides you with many days of happy camping.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
2018 Coleman Money Pit (rebuilding it one piece at time and didn't cost Camping World a dime)
Brown Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×