Hello from cajunjlb - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2014, 11:42 PM   #1

Louisiana
Hello from cajunjlb

Hello everyone, just wanted to test the atmosphere of Dutchman owners. I like to see the experience others are having.Waiting for delivery of our Infinity 3750FL

cajunjlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:46 AM   #2

Washington
Hi cajunjlb. There are several 3750Fl owners on the site. They're beautiful coaches but..... have had some problems. Did you buy new or used? I ask because I can tell you some of the things to check out if I know. A couple of other owners will probably chime in as we go along.

Old 10-12-2014, 01:46 PM   #3

Louisiana
Hello sawpilot,
Thank you for replying. Not so happy to hear of others having trouble with these models, but any heads up would be very much appreciated. I bought a 2013 model and it is used, although it looks to have never been used.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:48 PM   #4

Washington
Ok, sorry it took all day but I've been traveling. First thing you need to check out is the Schwintek slides. That's the 2 up in the living room. Run them in and out half a dozen times, watch and listen. They should seal up tight both in and out. Listen for any popping, motors dragging down hard or anything sounding abnormal. The slides should go in and out without a whole lot of effort. You can SEARCH this forum for issues with the Schwintek slides. A lot has been written. Next would be the air conditioners. The ducting on some AC's was terribly done and airflow out the vents is pretty poor. It's actually a pretty easy fix if your handy. SEARCH Air conditioning not working or ducts and you'll find a very thorough thread on these issues. If your tires are still Acuret tires think seriously of changing them NOW. SEARCH Acuret tires or China bombs for threads on this issue. Paint is an issue with the front cap and does have a tendancy to fade. SEARCH paint fading or front cap fading. Other things exist but the slides are the worst. Start with these and let us know if you need more info.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:11 AM   #5

Louisiana
Thanks sawpilot. It will be a few days before I can look at these things. I am working in Texas and the RV is being delivered from Florida.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:26 PM   #6

Louisiana
The Dealers asking price was 48,911. I negotiated a washer and dryer, changed out a couch for two recliners, seven year warranty and delivery for a little less than that. Hopefully it was a good deal. Time will tell I guess.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #7

Washington
That sounds like a good deal. Hopefully the extended warranty will take care of any issues that might come up.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:29 AM   #8

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawpilot View Post
Ok, sorry it took all day but I've been traveling. First thing you need to check out is the Schwintek slides. That's the 2 up in the living room. Run them in and out half a dozen times, watch and listen. They should seal up tight both in and out. Listen for any popping, motors dragging down hard or anything sounding abnormal. The slides should go in and out without a whole lot of effort. You can SEARCH this forum for issues with the Schwintek slides. A lot has been written. Next would be the air conditioners. The ducting on some AC's was terribly done and airflow out the vents is pretty poor. It's actually a pretty easy fix if your handy. SEARCH Air conditioning not working or ducts and you'll find a very thorough thread on these issues. If your tires are still Acuret tires think seriously of changing them NOW. SEARCH Acuret tires or China bombs for threads on this issue. Paint is an issue with the front cap and does have a tendancy to fade. SEARCH paint fading or front cap fading. Other things exist but the slides are the worst. Start with these and let us know if you need more info.
Sawpilot forgot the most important thing... Enjoy your new camper!!!

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:58 AM   #9

Washington
Sorry Eric, I had all these problems with mine. Just giving him a heads up. I hope he has none of these problems but I'm not betting on it. He won't be "enjoying his new camper" if the Dutchmen quality control lives up to its reputation. Please don't put words in my mouth. Just sayin'
Old 10-15-2014, 07:55 PM   #10

Louisiana
Thanks guys,
Had a talk with the dealership. Of course he assured me everything is fine on the one I purchased. I will be 1400 miles away from him so I hope he's right. Still I bought a seven year $50 deductible warranty. Will be working and living in the Camper, but it will beat the old 28 footer that I have had for the last ten years. I appreciate all of your help.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:44 AM   #11

Arizona
Hello,
I am about to purchase a 1993 Dutchman Classic to Glam....restore and make glamorous. I travel with Sisters on the Fly and Arizona Flycasters. In May 2015 we are taking route 66 from Chicago to California in 25 days and it will take me another 5-10 days to get there from Phoenix. Anywhere from 50 to 300 women will be at the stops. My first restored trailer is a 1961 Shasta with all wood paneling. Love her... SugarPieHoneyBun...but 35 days with a 5 gallon bucket for a toilet might be stretching my endurance.
prothaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 03:42 AM   #12

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by prothaz View Post
Hello,
I am about to purchase a 1993 Dutchman Classic to Glam....restore and make glamorous. I travel with Sisters on the Fly and Arizona Flycasters. In May 2015 we are taking route 66 from Chicago to California in 25 days and it will take me another 5-10 days to get there from Phoenix. Anywhere from 50 to 300 women will be at the stops. My first restored trailer is a 1961 Shasta with all wood paneling. Love her... SugarPieHoneyBun...but 35 days with a 5 gallon bucket for a toilet might be stretching my endurance.
Wow! Tough gal! Too bad you have to run all the way up to Chicago just to start the trip back with the group. Of course, just meeting them as they passed through AZ would miss a lot of the adventure. Good for you! Post a picture when you can! P.S. recommend you spend about $150 on a real porta-potti. Used them for years while tent camping. Flushable, more sanitary, easier to dump in a waste station. Paint it purple and call it glamorous! LOL!

MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote