first rv 2014 aspen 1900 travel trailer - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2013, 01:28 AM   #1

Pennsylvania
first rv 2014 aspen 1900 travel trailer

i just bought this to pretty much live outta for work.. haven't picked it up yet but all i seem to find is bad stuff about the previous older models . although it seemed like a really nice trailer. for my first one. i also purchased the 7 year warranty along with it fro an extra 1000 . is it really that bad of a trailer? and i gonna have allot of problems? what should i expect? do you think they worked out allot of the bugs buy now? is there a recalls or lemon laws on these things like cars have?

squirrel4207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:56 AM   #2

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4207 View Post
i just bought this to pretty much live outta for work.. haven't picked it up yet but all i seem to find is bad stuff about the previous older models . although it seemed like a really nice trailer. for my first one. i also purchased the 7 year warranty along with it fro an extra 1000 . is it really that bad of a trailer? and i gonna have allot of problems? what should i expect? do you think they worked out allot of the bugs buy now? is there a recalls or lemon laws on these things like cars have?
The problem that seems be rampant it the RV industry is the lack of quality control.

It appears that the unit is built and shipped to the dealers. Then the purchaser is the QC for the manufacturer, by taking the rig back to the dealer for warranty work.

It boggles the mind how some of the defects that are reported get out of the factory with out be caught and rectified.

Most of the recalls that I have see are related to the equipement installed vs the trailer it's self. Fridges, axles, tires. You can look for recalls on the NHTSA web site.

Good luck with your new rig, hope it works out for you.

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:19 AM   #3

Nevada
Here is the recall
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/...cm3!1507103805

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:04 PM   #4

Florida
Wife and I love our2013 Aspen Trail 1900RB. We bought it new in August of 2012. We have spent a lot of time in it from hot to cold and in many different areas of Virginia. We were told when we bought it to expect the Touch Audio radio/cd/DVD player to break within a few months, it is still going strong. We have had no problems with ours. Check your tire pressure before and during every trip, ours lose a few lbs a month it seems. Like I said, we have spent a lot of time camping in it, we are gentle on the systems and don't use things for what they are not intended, like sitting on the back of the dining area boards or putting heavy objects on the table. Just take care of it, don't abuse things, and it will last. Expect to find a lose screw here or there and tighten them. Oh....and get a new mattress ours was comfy, but after a few months sagged to the point we were sleeping on the wood under it.
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote