Elvis has entered the room... - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2013, 01:54 AM   #1

Wisconsin
Elvis has entered the room...

...well, no, not really.

Picked up my 3850RL on 4/6/13 and pulled it 300 miles to my home where it is parked at a self-storage lot. Inaugural camping trip on Mother's day weekend only to learn that the Lippert 6-point controller got fried and gear could not be retracted. Learned how to manually override compliments of the Internet. Into a local shop a week later. Out of the shop mid-June with maiden trip at the end of the month.

Bathroom door won't latch. Nicely painted, jagged hole in underbelly. Bedroom a/c unit unbelievably noisy. Couple of interior wood trim pieces already falling off. Super-duper mattress came with a built-in "V" (probably to ensure that the wife and I remain close).

Not sure about the carpet edges. Wife and I keep getting jabbed in the feet from some sort of tacks.

Frame seriously rusted. Shock absorber bushings dried and cracked (this is a 2013 unit). Back-of-the-panel wiring looks like a bowl of cooked spaghetti. Underbelly insulation is a joke; this unit will not do well in cold weather as currently built. Tank sensors have two measures, 1/3 full and empty - that's it.

Oh, well, you get what you pay for. Huh? Wut?

Old 07-23-2013, 02:53 AM   #2

New Mexico
I saw you posted up on my other thread, good luck with the landing gear and I hope they make it right.

I pulled the panels in the basement when installing my outdoor TV and additional speakers. You are right, the floor insulation is a joke as there isnt any in many sections of it and the only thing covering the floor is the plastic trim underneath. Also I like how there is vents into the basement making me think that its a ducted heat vent but when I pulled the wood and saw there was none it was par for the course on Dutchmen quality, they look nice but thats only 'skin' deep. Also have a jacked up bedroom slide that wont open or close all the way and the joke of a bedroom AC unit among busted drawers and hinges.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote