2014 Voltage 3990 12v issue - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2018, 02:00 AM   #1

Arizona
2014 Voltage 3990 12v issue

I have a short in the 12v system. The fuse labeled "living room" keeps blowing even with the light switch off. anyone run into anything like this? if so, what was the solution?

bearthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:04 AM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearthomas View Post
I have a short in the 12v system. The fuse labeled "living room" keeps blowing even with the light switch off. anyone run into anything like this? if so, what was the solution?
Welcome to the forums!

Good news is you have isolated the circuit. Bad news is now you will have to track down where the issue is occurring. I would disconnect the wire from the end at the fuse they use a meter to check down the line for continuity. There are several possibilities. It could be a bad fixture, a wire nut/crimp may have come loose, chaffed wire, pinched wire, or a screw through the wire. Quite often they bundle the circuit with another one. Unfortunately there isn't an easy fix you have to trace down the circuity until you find the issue.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:07 PM   #3

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearthomas View Post
I hate to admit this, but burnt out one of my overhead lights in the kitchen. When I pulled the bulb it looked like a standard 12 volt single element 1130 or whatever bulb... so I stopped in at a auto parts store and bought a 2 pack... it fit and so turned the lights on and heard the immediate POOF sound...

Moral check all your light connections to make sure they are the right type bulb and not something close...
Red Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:15 AM   #4

New York
Welcome to my world. Check out my previous thread from October. My 2018 Coleman Light had multiple electrical issues resulting from shoddy workmanship. Visually check your circuit first. Good luck.
SteveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 01:11 AM   #5

Wyoming
I have a problem with my keyless entry on my 2011 Voltage. It stopped working and the people I bought the rig from lost the door keys. Had the local dealer order keys per the code on the latch and they don’t work. Now with the keyless entry not working my only entry is through the rear garage faces. How do I trouble shoot the keyless entry ? I was told to change the battery’s but have no clue where the battery got the lock is. My main battery’s are fine and charged. Any suggestions, the local dealer is a joke.
Lhalsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:02 PM   #6

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhalsey View Post
I have a problem with my keyless entry on my 2011 Voltage. It stopped working and the people I bought the rig from lost the door keys. Had the local dealer order keys per the code on the latch and they don’t work. Now with the keyless entry not working my only entry is through the rear garage faces. How do I trouble shoot the keyless entry ? I was told to change the battery’s but have no clue where the battery got the lock is. My main battery’s are fine and charged. Any suggestions, the local dealer is a joke.

I lost the keys to roof racks that I have for my MINI COOPER. Took them to a locksmith around the corner from my house. he spent about five minutes figuring what the key looks like with a probe and another five minutes making a key. VIOLA! Worked like a charm, charged me twenty bucks. Look them up, bring your rig by and they will make a new key or just change the lock, sometimes you can bring the lock itself to the smith and they will either change the cylinder or do their magic.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:06 PM   #7

Florida
Also, post a picture of your lock.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt problem