2013 3650ffl maybe!!! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #1

Tennessee
2013 3650ffl maybe!!!

We are looking at a new 2013 comfort 3650ffl, however after reading all the bad posts about workmanship warranty and customer service I am beginning to wonder if we should be looking at another brand, Hoping for some confidence building replies.

grumpyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:46 AM   #2

Oklahoma
I think you'll find bad posts about any rig made. Brand, make or year, they all have some problems.
I'm very satisfied with my unit but that isn't a guarantee it won't go TU on me sometime down the road.
I wish we could haul off the dealership lot full of confidence but.......

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:23 AM   #3

Indiana
I too, believe that all brands have their issues. My wife and I purchased our unit because its appearance was appealing. We looked at what it had inside (floor plan). Then we looked at the aluminum wall and roof frame.
We really like our unit. What we didn't like was that we expected less issues from having spent more money then in our past. Reading forums from many different makes we're not alone with issues. We have had the majority of any issues that we've had corrected.
I have been very opinionated on this forum about my issues and displeasure with Dutchmen. My motive...........to let potential buyers understand some of the issues and hopefully, DUTCHMEN reads this forum and has an understanding of our displeasures.
I believe that it helps tremendously if you have a dealer that is responsive and knows these trailers well.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #4

Tennessee
I know what you mean to a certain degree, We recently had a very bad experience cannot comment about it legally but WOW!!!!, just trying to be more careful this time.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #5

Texas
We are completely happy with our Komfort 3650 FFL, As I looked at other units and found flaws with craftsmanship I realized there is not one out there that does not have some kind of flaw. The most important part is Service after the sale which in my opinion is very lacking after they get your money. Its all about what can we sell you. You sometimes have to go to extreme measures to get thing fixed under warranty. Just my 2 cents worth
aapcon131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #6

Tennessee
Was it Dutchmen that gave you the trouble or the dealer you bought it from. We have looked at all kinds of trailers, in this price range also above and below this price range. it seems for the money it is the best of all that we looked at. It is also by far the best floor plan. one thing that puzzles me is they do not really say what type of walls and roof it has, do you know.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #7

Texas
There seems to be a disconnect between the dealer and the mfg when it comes to warranty work and who covers it. I had to contact Dutchman/Lippert reps to resolve my axle issue in previous posts. We totally love the floor plan of the Komfort 3650 FFL, Infinity also has the same floor plan in the Dutchman model. Komfort was a west coast company bought out by Thor/Dutchman and mkt under the Dutchman brand. Their design was for the colder sections thus the insulation package. The roof is a rubber membrane over the roof structure and has aluminum supports, The floor and wall sections are aluminum also, all bolted to a steel fifth wheel frame. All these units including Komfort are pretty much built the same way with the same options, it just depends on the mfg. Hope this helps

aapcon131 is offline   Reply With Quote