2012 Kodiak 300BHSL new delivery - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #11

Saskatchewan
242resl

Congratulations rid415 on your purchase of trailer and hitch. We'll have to share notes as I have exactly the same setup (just put my Andersen on yesterday). We'll also have to share any mods that we make to the trailers. I've already made some changes and have other plans in the works but am waiting for my health to improve. I've added three adjustable shelves to that cabinet below the kitchen sink and two shelves above the windows in the bedroom (our nightstand). We put one of those three drawer plastic cabinets right beside the door for shoes and campfire tools (we removed the bottom drawer to keep the furnace vent open. We hope to get ours out soon. Enjoy your new purchase.

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:33 AM   #12

Alberta
those are some nice sugggestions i think i will do the same

rid415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #13

Oregon
Congrats. I too have the 300BHSL that I took delivery in February 2013. Just wondering if you have had any slide out sticky issues? My main living room slide out is getting stuck going in and out.
sithc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:19 AM   #14

Alberta
mabe a spray of some silicone spray on the gears below
rid415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #15

Oregon
rid415, I'll try that silcone spray next time I've got the slides out. Sucks that I worry so much about getting stuck that I am weary to go work on the trailer and stuff.
sithc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:00 AM   #16

Saskatchewan
I carry the can of silicone spray with me all camping season. Depending what the weather is doing, I add a little to the tracks. Something else I've done is purchased two of those slide out supports that help hold up the slide when we are set up. Just don't freak yourself out like I did the first time we were taking down camp and I forgot to remove the supports and started bringing in the slide. I thought I had really broken something when all I'd done was knocked them over.

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #17

Please DON'T use any type of silicone spray on your slideouts as they attract dust and contaminants and will eventually add to the problem of improper operation. There are several dry lube sprays that should be used instead which will make a noticeable, positive difference in how your slideout operates. Once a season should be sufficient. On your swing out grill issue, yes that is a part of the Platinum Fall Edition along with the frameless windows, darker colors, etc. But, the so-called outdoor kitchen is then deleted. At least this was the case on our 2012 263RLSL.

BigBoyjack b is offline   Reply With Quote